Project HMD (hand me down)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project HMD (hand me down)

Well as some of you may or may not know I picked up a new jeep the other weekend. I bought it from this older fellow from New Jersey who was retiring to florida. He bought a small 4 cylinder car and decided he didn't need the excitement of the cherokee anymore.

This gentleman had already taken the liberty of installing unibody stiffeners, an SYE'D 242 and threw in some dookin tow hooks for a small extra fee. The catch was it didn't have any axles under it. It's a little rustier than my current jeep and has 268k on the clock but fuck it.

Well after 3 hours in the sideways rain and wind we had it loaded up on my trailer and was on my way back to CT. Now I need to start the process of swapping my axles from this:

to this:

I don't think I'm gunna run the Jay Leno on this one, Id like to have an approach angle better than stock for once. But that's it for now. Once I get done with school I'll really get to work with swapping shit over.

6,000th post by the way bitches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by wannabejeep; 03-22-2010, 04:53 PM.
    1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
    1999 sierra
    1967 M725 Big and Slow
    -Dan

i will roll by sometime this week and drop off the xmember
    1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
    2001 wj tbd
    1974 5 ton

Comment

already has 400hp worth of stickers
      I drive a Datsun

Comment

yayyyyyy!!!!
        P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
        2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
        OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

So about your old jeep it does have leather seats correct are you keeping them ? and how did you get that on the trailer ? must have been fun lol

Comment

Originally posted by jeepinjosh View Post
            So about your old jeep it does have leather seats correct are you keeping them ? and how did you get that on the trailer ? must have been fun lol
            still got the leather. Yours for a feee. And yeah it was a pain in the dick getting that bitch on there.
            1999 sierra
            1967 M725 Big and Slow
            -Dan

Comment

oh dan hows the trim that goes around the gauges in your old jeep? if you need a hand holler at me negro with this one
              1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
              2001 wj tbd
              1974 5 ton

Comment

Price on the seats ? Are they in good shape i miss my old jeeps seats they are super comfy

Comment

Originally posted by jeepinjosh View Post
                  Price on the seats ? Are they in good shape i miss my old jeeps seats they are super comfy
                  they're in decent shape. The electrics worked slowly but Haven't been hooked up for a while.

here's a pic I took a while back. only one I have of the interior

$60 bucks
                  1999 sierra
                  1967 M725 Big and Slow
                  -Dan

Comment

do want
                    94 xj 4.0L, AW4, 242
                    3" rusty's lift, 33x12.5 bfg km2's, custom front bumper

Comment

the shell lives on!..... Thats a shame that the "older gentleman" is rertiring, He will probably realize he needs another XJ in floridaa....
                      89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
                      95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
                      97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
                      If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

Originally posted by WAD357 View Post
                        the shell lives on!..... Thats a shame that the "older gentleman" is rertiring, He will probably realize he needs another XJ in floridaa....
                        for the flat land or the swamps?
                        2001 wj tbd
                        1974 5 ton

Comment

Arent' the seats different(floor mount) in the renix Jeeps versus the newer jeeps?

Comment

mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                            2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                            and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

sold the Jay Leno today to a kid from LI
                              1999 sierra
                              1967 M725 Big and Slow
                              -Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X