• Show
Clear All

• Project Swamp Thing

1999 Cherokee SE

AW4/231
    d30/8.25

Bought for 600 bucks in September of 2008

Put foglights on it, October 08

Got it bogged and pulled out by the axle because i was a dumbass and went mudding with no tow points, Oct 08

Extinguisher #1

January 09- Put in a K&N CAI

1st iteration of the lightbar... they never got wired up. Feb 09

LIFT! April 09, 3" Skyjacker AAL ( i didn't know any better) with quick discos. took the time to wire up Hellas on the roof. Changed front left bearing assembly and rear diff fluid at the same time. no pics of the rear install, but all four frameside shock bolts snapped as is usual . I impact hammered the broken bolts out and fishwired new ones in.

First time taking it out after the lift. Gawd i needed to cut my hair. April 09

Late June 09- mah 231 goes boom on 84, all the fluid spills out and gets all over my rear tires, which start fishtailing. I shit a sideways brick, but get it under control and off to the side.

Looking at the carnage after I got it towed home, I found out why it grenaded, and what the squeaking noise i occasionally heard had been... the CV joint on the T-case side of the front driveshaft was dying, and had finally siezed and torn the T-case apart. Bought a new T-case for 200 bucks, came with a ZJ front DS and d-30 shafts. Keeping the shafts for spares.

Tow hooks, July 09

31's, November 09

Bedlined rockers/fenders, November 09

33's, Jan 10

Fender trims, Jan 10

Non-idiot-light cluster, Feb 10

Bumpa (ty Caleb), March 10

Doorless in front (also ty Caleb), March 10. Killed a Dremel in the process.

Dat's it so far. theres stereo shit and minor rewiring in there too, but no pics of install.
    Last edited by Ruepart Hoaxley; 03-18-2010, 05:11 PM.
    2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
    MK2 Jetta > M3
    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

What size tires did you think you were trimming for?

Comment

35's eventually, after i regear.
      MK2 Jetta > M3

Comment

Holy shit. Nice job on the t-case, sounds like a real adventure getting pulled over.
        92 XJ 4 1/2" SkyJacker hybrid lift, 2 1/2" leafs, adj. shackle, JKS discos, T-case drop, braided hoses, adj t/b, 31x10.50 Cooper STT's and black steelies, D30 and 8.25.

Comment

Originally posted by Krazors001 View Post
          What size tires did you think you were trimming for?
          Doesn't matter. I cut for 37s when I had 31s.
          sigpic
          Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
            Doesn't matter. I cut for 37s when I had 31s.

once i regear, i want to move to 35's and possibly 4.5" long-arm.
            MK2 Jetta > M3

Comment

3 inchs and 35's.... it works great..... in the front

it's okay though, i bought some bumpstops so we can fix that little problem.
              No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
              Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by greenxj513 View Post

yes with very little up travel
                1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                2001 wj tbd
                1974 5 ton

Comment

lol, ANY kind of bumpstop would help that lol
                  MK2 Jetta > M3

Comment

Originally posted by raze1287 View Post
                    yes with very little up travel

nigga you got even less lift than i do, yo up travel is worse

ForSure Motorsports
                    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

nigga you got even less lift than i do, yo up travel is worse
                      actually no no i do not have less lift than you
                      1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                      2001 wj tbd
                      1974 5 ton

Comment

look at you such a badass

ForSure Motorsports
                        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Comment

it really doesnt matter how much lift you have. i was just tired of dragging my shit over rocks causing more damage. i like the 4.5" im at now, gives me room for bigger tires. it will be nice though while you all are smashing everything i will just casually be driving through the woods to go kayaking or hunting
                          2001 wj tbd
                          1974 5 ton

Comment

So, spent most of my day driving back and forth from my house, to Superior Spring, to the local hardware store, to StopNShop for Monster, to Caleeb's house and built me a bastard pack for my rear. Including my Skyjacker add-a-leaf, i now have seven leaves in each pack- one main, SJ AAL, one second, two thirds, two fourths, and overload.

pics of disassembly and packs to come once my phone charges.

Oh, also threw some door edge trimming on my hellacious fender cuts and relocated my door speakers to a 96- soundbar behind the front seats.
                            MK2 Jetta > M3

Comment

went full doorless last night.

MK2 Jetta > M3

Comment

Working...
                              X