The Guidtastic Tj

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Krazors001 View Post
    Looks sweet. Please remove stock donut looking spare. It drives me nuts when I see that.
    Theres a kid at my school that has like 35 inch super swampers, and the stock spare on the back. Irritates the hell out of me
    God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Matt I'll have that LTB dismounted fairly soon if you want a 33x13.50 tire. It's all yours if you want it. only like 10% tread but its a spare and looks cool

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
        Matt I'll have that LTB dismounted fairly soon if you want a 33x13.50 tire. It's all yours if you want it. only like 10% tread but its a spare and looks cool
        haha sweet dude i'll take it.

yea i had some bald ass generic a/t that i was gonna toss on the back there but i had to get outta the shop as soon as possible and it wasn't a priority.
        2 tj's
        3 yj's
        2 xj's
        i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

i gotta figure out what i'm doing with axles and gearing. it honestly isn't to terrible on the road with the 4.10's but i gotta downshift on all the hills and i'm trying to preserve this ax5. i went through 4 of them in my old yj on 33's.

if i go 8.8 i get disc brakes and they're a lil cheaper but i can only go to 4.88's in the gearing.

if i go a d44 outta an xj or mj, its already more expensive and i gotta spend money on discs, but i can gear it to 5.13's (lpd30 up front, yea yea the strength issue, meh they wouldn't make it an option if it was gonna asplode instantly) and maybe go to 35's.

decisions decisions. or i can save a hell of alotta money and fabwork and just gear the 35
          2 tj's
          3 yj's
          2 xj's
          i'm a jeep whore

Comment

It depends on how long/hard you plan on wheeling it for. My D35 is regeared to 4.88 pushing 33"s, and it drives almost stock now (shift points are back at the proper rpm, and speedo is correct again). However, I am not a hard on the throttle wheeler, and "man-bumping" is not the only way I go through an obstacle.
            If you're going to go bigger soon, or wheel rather hard, don't bother with the regear.
            If you plan on driving around town for a while and wheeling here and there, regear the D35, save money for the D44, and sell the D35 once you have out-grown it. Somebody will buy it since it's regeared.

Just my 2-pesos though.
            Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
            My "Bucket" Build
            MilitaryJeepers.com
            ‚——P--;===±--= <-
            !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

thats pretty much what i wanna do. i really only wheel a couple times a year. esp now since the cops around here are getting very strict since someone almost died. its definetly a 95% dd/ 5% wheeler. i'm prob just gonna gear the 35. there's a shop around here that lifetime warrenty's gears so i'll get it done by them and just carry spare shafts.

if i ever wanna go bigger then i'll do a swap. i really wanted to lock the back but not on a 35.
              2 tj's
              3 yj's
              2 xj's
              i'm a jeep whore

Comment

I locked my front (selectable) and have nothing but good things to say about it. Saving my D35 from snapage, and pulling myself over/through obstacles instead of pushing. I don't know, it's been a great set up for me (so far). Also, if you are planning on changing out the rear sometime in the future anyhow, you're not throwing it away with the old axle, but don't have to wait to get a new one. Once you get your new rear axle, you lock that too, and BAM, you're locked front and rear.
                Last edited by bucketokarma; 04-04-2010, 06:15 AM.
                Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
                My "Bucket" Build
                MilitaryJeepers.com
                ‚——P--;===±--= <-
                !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

Working...
                X