Operation: BACK IN BLACK! 97 xj build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam running open open makes me lawl
    I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
      sam wheeling a 97+ xj with STTs make me lawl
      i love STTs

Originally posted by CSaddict View Post
      Sam with a non busted unibody makes me lawl.
      does not suck

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
      Sam running open open makes me lawl
      it sucks
      www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal
        just remember to ditch the lockers if you plan to go on any sand
        worked out pretty good, didn't sink or nothin!

Comment

oh yea, got me some 297 shafts for the front

right now i am strongly thinkin about a hp30/44 hybrid front. i want a hp axle. i dont want to do much work, i want locking hubs, i want stockish width for legality reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post

right now i am strongly thinkin about a hp30/44 hybrid front. i want a hp axle. i dont want to do much work, i want locking hubs, i want stockish width for legality reasons.
            how you plan on going about this? reider racing knuckles? you can go the warn kit for the 30 also, it ends up being about the same price if not cheaper i would think. im not a huge 30/44 hybrid fan, if anything id do the WJ front end with the nice steering and brakes and call it a day. much cheaper than either hybrid routes and you end up with a pretty solid front end. if you plan on sticking with 33s, or even up to 35s, i dont see a reason for locking hubs as long as you use high quality D30 hubs.

Comment

Whats the point to locking hubs?
              -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
                Whats the point to locking hubs?
                if i break ANYTHING in my front 30 (aside from wheel bearings and balljoints or spindle or shit)

i don't have to fix it. unlock hubs and drive home like nothing ever happened, worry about it when its in a heated garage.

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
                  how you plan on going about this? reider racing knuckles? you can go the warn kit for the 30 also, it ends up being about the same price if not cheaper i would think. im not a huge 30/44 hybrid fan, if anything id do the WJ front end with the nice steering and brakes and call it a day. much cheaper than either hybrid routes and you end up with a pretty solid front end. if you plan on sticking with 33s, or even up to 35s, i dont see a reason for locking hubs as long as you use high quality D30 hubs.
                  i already have a front 44 i can rob the outers off of.

chevy half ton brakes are a nice upgrade, probably comparable to wj brakes, and calipers cost like 14 bucks and they are on the shelf at every parts store.

bolt on highsteer if i go the reider racing route

and i can use my 6 on 5.5" beadlocks

i can get my alloy 44 inner shafts cut down to dana30 length, and run a 30 spline selectable.

if i do it i would probably build up a waggy 44 rear so i can run the 6 lug, i could use my front 44 locker and carrier... or i could use an xj44 and get some 6 lug alloys for that.

Comment

chevy half ton brakes are a nice upgrade, probably comparable to wj brakes, and calipers cost like 14 bucks and they are on the shelf at every parts store.

i can get my alloy 44 inner shafts cut down to dana30 length, and run a 30 spline selectable.

if i do it i would probably build up a waggy 44 rear so i can run the 6 lug, i could use my front 44 locker and carrier... or i could use an xj44 and get some 6 lug alloys for that.
                    That sounds sick!
                    -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

chebby calipers are still single piston. but yea, theyre much bigger/better than stock D30 anyway. and you can probably get some sweet wilwood double piston calipers or something comparable thatll bolt up.

and if you're bastardizing your front 44 for parts, then yeah, you have all that shit already, so go for it.

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
                        chebby calipers are still single piston. but yea, theyre much bigger/better than stock D30 anyway. and you can probably get some sweet wilwood double piston calipers or something comparable thatll bolt up.

and if you're bastardizing your front 44 for parts, then yeah, you have all that shit already, so go for it.
                        chebby single pistons kick some dana30 single piston ass cant compare them to wj brakes though, but i will have better brakes than 99% of people who run 35's on an xj

i loved em with 37's im sure they will be fine on 33's or 35's

Comment

might not even do the reid racing knucks

might try my hand at choppin the knuckles off

Comment

hey, can you do me a favor? Please dont destroy those tail lights. They were expensive and i liked them when they were mine. If you dont care about them, would you be willing to sell them back to me? Not that i need them but if you have no care for them id just like them back.
                            Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

Originally posted by Keelyle View Post
                              hey, can you do me a favor? Please dont destroy those tail lights. They were expensive and i liked them when they were mine. If you dont care about them, would you be willing to sell them back to me? Not that i need them but if you have no care for them id just like them back.
                              i like them too

and one is already cracked

im not trying to deystroy them, but shit happens

Comment

I LIKE HOW YOU THINK

Billa Vista on Pirate did something similar to this "back in the day," if you check out pirate tech section it is toward the bottom, altho sounds like you don't need any guidance..
                                1950 Willys Trail Rig
                                2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

Working...
                                X