The HeavyMetal Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post

thats the package I used in my new Xj, beefy and heavy as hell, paint barely scraped when I was wailing on it to get everything lined up

plus Tim autographs all of them personally
    1992 xj Briarwood
    Disconnect d30 5.13 Super 35 kit 5.13 36x14x18 TSL's
    Welded front and rear
    13' LED roof lights
    Disco ball
    Truck nuts
    Spinners

Comment

• http://www.jeepswag.com/empi/buy2/

Great deal on Suspension seats... to bad my interior is not tan.
      2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
      • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
      • 4.0/42rle/np241or
      • 5.13's
      • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
      • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

• Originally posted by SupermanIce-J View Post
        http://www.jeepswag.com/empi/buy2/

2 tj's
        3 yj's
        2 xj's
        i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

• Originally posted by SupermanIce-J View Post
          http://www.jeepswag.com/empi/buy2/

Anyone know anything about these seats?
          I dont really care what color they are i just need softer seats!
          2 Broncos are better than 1

Comment

• I really want PRPs or Corbeau. Workin on a set still.

So anyway, I havent ever used my safari rack to its potential save for maybe one or two times on a big camping trip...and now that my spare is mounted on the carrier in the back for long trips, i lose a lot of that space. I needed a storage solution on the rack up top, and it needed to be water sealed.

I had this idea in my head for some time but just never executed it until now

I bought a 120" length of big PVC tubing, cut it into 3 lengths. My rack is 50 inches long so a three 40 inch lengths did me good. I bought female threaded couplers for each end of each tube, along with a male threaded cap for em all.

So In the end I have two 40" tubes up top that are screw-sealed from water and the elements, all I need to do is reach up and unscrew the end from either side I want to open them up. They store 2 D30 axle shafts per side perfectly along with other odds and ends.

Bought cargo netting from Harbor Freight as well as some dry bags from Dick's and was good to go, lots of space up top to use for water sealed storage to keep my inside more empty.

Oh, and theyre painted OD green. Look kinda like disposable rocket tubes

- Will

Originally posted by fizzy
            or am asians pants not a read end lol.
            Originally posted by DizzDizz
            aliens probed my husband

Comment

• fancy stuff. yay for us having more storage space now!
              mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
              2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
              and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

• i like that idea keep the shafts from smashing around in the back

phil could use those but would prob need this many
                I drive a Datsun

Comment

I really want PRPs or Corbeau. Workin on a set still.

So anyway, I havent ever used my safari rack to its potential save for maybe one or two times on a big camping trip...and now that my spare is mounted on the carrier in the back for long trips, i lose a lot of that space. I needed a storage solution on the rack up top, and it needed to be water sealed.

I had this idea in my head for some time but just never executed it until now

I bought a 120" length of big PVC tubing, cut it into 3 lengths. My rack is 50 inches long so a three 40 inch lengths did me good. I bought female threaded couplers for each end of each tube, along with a male threaded cap for em all.

So In the end I have two 40" tubes up top that are screw-sealed from water and the elements, all I need to do is reach up and unscrew the end from either side I want to open them up. They store 2 D30 axle shafts per side perfectly along with other odds and ends.

Bought cargo netting from Harbor Freight as well as some dry bags from Dick's and was good to go, lots of space up top to use for water sealed storage to keep my inside more empty.

Oh, and theyre painted OD green. Look kinda like disposable rocket tubes

thats actually a good Idea!

Comment

• now THATS pure amurican inginuity.
                    Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

• so EXP

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

• Fuckin love it. Looks clean as hell.
                        sigpic
                        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

• won ton ton ton ton ton

are these approved for desert whoop romping?????? I'd hate to get hit by a flying D30 shaft
                          No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

• Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
                            won ton ton ton ton ton

are these approved for desert whoop romping?????? I'd hate to get hit by a flying D30 shaft
                            well unless it were to snap two hose clamps in half and smash through 6 huge threads, i'd say we're good
                            - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                            or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                            Originally posted by DizzDizz
                            aliens probed my husband

Comment

well unless it were to snap two hose clamps in half and smash through 6 huge threads, i'd say we're good
                              Id say youre good for a while but id be careful because PVC becomes britle when it gets old. Not sure how long this takes. Neat idea though and it looks cool
                              2 Broncos are better than 1

Comment

• I've had a PVC tube on top of pickup caps before for pipe as well as a good holder for fishing rods...Never had one crack on me but I could see the concern you got some serious time before I would worry. Deffinitely a good idea man
                                https://sisoffroad.com/forums/core/i...smilies/us.gif 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 https://sisoffroad.com/forums/core/i...smilies/us.gif
                                https://sisoffroad.com/forums/core/i...smilies/us.gif 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport https://sisoffroad.com/forums/core/i...smilies/us.gif
                                94,95,97 ZJ~SOLD 97,97 TJ~SOLD 00' F350~SOLD

Comment

Working...
                                X