• Get off that island first, then find a job......then fix it
    1998 XJ.....Finally.
    1997 ZJ 4.0L....The wife's ride.

...And I'm a Mac

Comment

• Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
      don't tell dana

we will never hear the end of this.

i have come down on my old bumper pretty hard before and caused one side of my header panel and fender to come up a good amount. i just took a sledge to my bumper and pushed down the header panel lol

have any gaps yet? (door seals)

actually when i do get the door shut my seals are good as far as i can tell, all solid there...once you lift the door it all still lines up fine to close like normal

ill give your idea a shot

something i was thinking (that i have no personal experience with) was... when you cut the front xmember out, it makes the front pretty flimsy from what i hear...think theres any shot at possibly realigning even a little bit up there...applying some kind of force when i cut the front xmember out?
      like i said ive never cut it out or worked with it before so i dunno how workable it really is...but didnt you see it on joyals or something? maybe im crazy, lol
      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
      Originally posted by DizzDizz
      aliens probed my husband

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaos View Post
        Get off that island first, then find a job......then fix it
        pipe down stocker, real jeeps are being discussed in here
        - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

• It may be stock.........for now...........at least I wheel it

But I gotz me jobz
          1998 XJ.....Finally.

...And I'm a Mac

Comment

• Originally posted by Chaos View Post
            It may be stock.........for now...........at least I wheel it

But I gotz me jobz
            i have a job also, i lost my second job
            - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

• Ah, you did not specify this other work......I will go crawl into a crawl space sir
              1998 XJ.....Finally.

...And I'm a Mac

Comment

• Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                actually when i do get the door shut my seals are good as far as i can tell, all solid there...once you lift the door it all still lines up fine to close like normal

ill give your idea a shot

something i was thinking (that i have no personal experience with) was... when you cut the front xmember out, it makes the front pretty flimsy from what i hear...think theres any shot at possibly realigning even a little bit up there...applying some kind of force when i cut the front xmember out?
                like i said ive never cut it out or worked with it before so i dunno how workable it really is...but didnt you see it on joyals or something? maybe im crazy, lol
                dan's was a pile of rust and mangled metal before he fixed it.

i didn't move my around to check for flimsyness when i had mine out. but if its still visibly off when you play with the body panels i would cut out the stock crossmember and hi lift the drivers side and see if it levels out. if it does then get some beef crossmember in there
                www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

dan's was a pile of rust and mangled metal before he fixed it.

i didn't move my around to check for flimsyness when i had mine out. but if its still visibly off when you play with the body panels i would cut out the stock crossmember and hi lift the drivers side and see if it levels out. if it does then get some beef crossmember in there
                  'tis a plan
                  - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

• WOW, i thought that was a taco joke or something. I would do like sam said and loosen the front end up and thats alot of the damage like i did when i took a hit with the POS arb bumper. BUT that looks alot more severe then mine was. I would say you might have frame/unibody damage.

Normally when starting with a straight frame and the x member gets cut out and replaced or when replacing floor pans its best to weld in lengths of angle iron to stop any flexing and keep all the measurements within spec.
                    Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

• you can adjust the door at the hinges so that you can fix. other than that i think you should just leave it. the damage has been done. although sams sledge to the bumper idea sounds nice

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

don't tell dana

we will never hear the end of this.

sucks about your jeep though Will . I would do what Sam has suggested or just leave it.
                        "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

• holy fuck dude, i kinda heard around the campsite that your unibody was tweaked but i had no idea it was that bad

i would do what sam was saying, hi lift the drivers side with the panels removed so it levels out as much as possible, then plate the fuck out of it

Comment

• Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post

sucks about your jeep though Will . I would do what Sam has suggested or just leave it.
                            how's that frame damage?
                            www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

• ouch, i heard you talking about the hit you took, but i didnt realize it was that bad.
                              P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                              2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                              OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

• The more i look at that pic the more it looks like much more severe then just a mis aligned bumper and front clip.
                                Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

Working...
                                X