MK2 Jetta > M3
    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

• Originally posted by SwampAss View Post
      Better not be a Yankees hat...

Will, is that actually on the bumps?
      just saw this...

its definitely on the bumps, why?

anyway, just came across this...kinda my vision from before we were discussing cept with flanges set up. diggin it. Zullo, lets do work. Serious.

- Will

Originally posted by fizzy
      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
      Originally posted by DizzDizz
      aliens probed my husband

Comment

• Sick that will strengthen the front nicely.
        I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

• email adam see if he can get you some tube, i need to order some anyways.

I can make autoCAD layout whenever, transfer it to bend tech and go from there. You're probably gonna need to get adam/clayton a case of beers we'll bend up the sections and then weld em up down here.

Ya gotta run it past them first though. lol.
          No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

• Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
            email adam see if he can get you some tube, i need to order some anyways.

I can make autoCAD layout whenever, transfer it to bend tech and go from there. You're probably gonna need to get adam/clayton a case of beers we'll bend up the sections and then weld em up down here.

Ya gotta run it past them first though. lol.
            will do
            - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

• Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
              just saw this...

its definitely on the bumps, why?

anyway, just came across this...kinda my vision from before we were discussing cept with flanges set up. diggin it. Zullo, lets do work. Serious.

Just curious. Do you have more droop or is it limit-strapped?

As to the front support, I like that idea. Depending on exactly how tweaked it is, I might make a date with a uni-straightener first though, otherwise you might run into trouble getting it mounted square.
              2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
              MK2 Jetta > M3
              Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

• its limit strapped about half an inch before the shocks fully extend, front and back. 10" travel shocks

unsure my plans with the straightener..might try to do it ourselves a little bit and call it good...i have way more priorities that need 500 bucks more than my unibody these days haha
                - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

• Cement block in your yard, Phil's winch, done. Less lawn to cut too. I see only win win situations here. Your mom will love it trust me. Oh and I could maybe get a bob cat for free to help dig. Win win super win
                  I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

• Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
                    Cement block in your yard, Phil's winch, done. Less lawn to cut too. I see only win win situations here. Your mom will love it trust me. Oh and I could maybe get a bob cat for free to help dig. Win win super win
                    f'real though, i think we can figure something basic out

either way, zullo, i mailed adam, ill let you know what he says
                    - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

• Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
                      backhoe.
                      got a backhoe youre bringing to fairfield?

Originally posted by justtorchit
                      kinda.... but then when you push down it will likely just pivot on teh jackstand and the rear will lift up......
                      rats, possible
                      - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

• a friend of mine fixed his unibody by chaining his front and rear recovery points to the ground, compressing the suspension a few inches for added preasure , then with about 4 or 5 highlifts did some kind of voodoo magic moving each lift a little bit until he was happy with the outcome.

did this happen before or after the stiffiners? might be harder to reshape with stiffiners. hack out the front crossmemeber and it might be a little easier, replace it with thicker steel and while your at it add a winch in there

Comment

• Originally posted by fizzy
                          have u called local body shops yet. use a frame straightener machine its legit and proven to work
                          the idea is i dont feel like paying 500+ dollars to straighten my unibody a couple inches on the front if we can just do it some half-ass way for free and make it look right

i dont need it to spec or anything, i just want it to be visually close before we cage it solid
                          - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

• You won't need to flange the engine crossmember until it actually has to come out.
                            -Erik
                            Miller Motorsports #4421 : 1st Overall - 2010 Ultra4 IEC Series , 2010 Line Mtn. Race Series
                            Thanks to: BFGoodrich, Spidertrax, The Axle Exchange, Metro Printing & Promo, North Jersey Jeep Club, CTM, RadFlo Shocks, Schwanke Engines, HeavyMetalConcepts, EMS Offroad

Comment

• Originally posted by ne14jpn View Post
                              You won't need to flange the engine crossmember until it actually has to come out.
                              i only have a light duty 110v welder here at my place so id rather do it all in 1 go at claytons where we're laser cuttin the pieces
                              - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

• Originally posted by ne14jpn View Post
                                You won't need to flange the engine crossmember until it actually has to come out.

No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                                Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Working...
                                X