Project: Rebuilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BOX View Post
    I exploded my full spool... was not fun at all.

Shafts were destroyed & maybe the gears... was a long time ago.
    i weemembah that

silly 9"
    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

• sooooooo the mini spool doesnt fit. i have no fucking idea why. the side piece that slides onto the axle shaft doesnt go far enough down the shaft to even get the c clip in. its like the splines arent long enough. if that makes any sense. as far as i know, you push the shaft through the spool, put on the c clip, and slide the shaft out into place. this isnt working that way.

anyone know if an explorer 8.8 is different from say a mustang 8.8? I dont see why it would be.

and I also did some research on the weak carrier problem with these axles. apparently the open carrier is plenty strong enough and the LSD one is the week one.

Im about to send the spool back to summit and get an aussie.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

• i had to give hawks axle a good kick and they slid in far enough. also we had to notch the c-clips a little
        1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
        2001 wj tbd
        1974 5 ton

Comment

• Originally posted by raze1287 View Post
          i had to give hawks axle a good kick and they slid in far enough. also we had to notch the c-clips a little
          notch them to slide down the grooves of the mini spool? like trim the clip a little

Comment

• yes. they were to wide to slide into the slot to hold the axle in place.(talking about c-clip not spool)

try giving the axle a good wack and it should go in all the way
            1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
            2001 wj tbd
            1974 5 ton

Comment

• Originally posted by raze1287 View Post
              yes. they were to wide to slide into the slot to hold the axle in place.(talking about c-clip not spool)

try giving the axle a good wack and it should go in all the way
              Sounds good to me I contemplated trimming the c clips to fit but I was figuring that the designers would have considered that being a problem. guess not haha. Thanks dude

Comment

• New pads, rotors, and e brake shoes.

miniature spool

Ruff Stuff Cover. Dont mind the orange bolts they were from pete's riddler. the whole axle is gonna be painted black.

Done for now! just gotta grind off whats left of the brackets and weld on the new shit!

Comment

• PRETTY!
                  www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

• Nice, good thing you found those bolts. The guy who got my Riddler i guess didnt mind I forget to send them to him
                    P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                    2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                    OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

• nicely done
                      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                      Originally posted by DizzDizz
                      aliens probed my husband

Comment

• GET RID OF THAT FLANGEGEGEGAEGGEGAEGAEHGAJEGAJEGAJHGEJAKHDJKZSHJKH DEJSAHLHF
                        I drive a Datsun

Comment

• Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                          GET RID OF THAT FLANGEGEGEGAEGGEGAEGAEHGAJEGAJEGAJHGEJAKHDJKZSHJKH DEJSAHLHF
                          ooo thanks for reminding me I have to order the correct flange to use the jeep u joint

Comment

• order the yoke kit for it
                            I drive a Datsun

Comment

• Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                              order the yoke kit for it
                              nah. and if a normal ford driveshaft yoke will fit than I have one at work
                              Last edited by CumminsJeep; 04-06-2010, 08:01 PM.

Comment

• sweet man, looks good.
                                -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X