• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Long arms on yet?
    P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
    2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
    OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedro View Post
      Long arms on yet?

he was so freakin mad at me.

sorry Undie
      I drive a Datsun

Comment

• Originally posted by Burton58 View Post

he was so freakin mad at me.

sorry Undie
        hahahaha alex i was just messing around with you.

and yes, they are on.....

This doesnt allow for the t case skid to go up high enough and bolt in I replaced the trans mount hoping that would help, which it did. But only a little bit. so i guess i gotta notch the t case skid a little. I talked to Rough country and they said they havent had any other complaints about this problem so who knows. Ill deal with it.

I also dont like how the crossmember is only "1 level" instead of 2 like a stock crossmember, rustys crossmember, TNT, hell every other damn crossmember. This makes the trans bolts sit below the t case and vulnerable to hitting shit. This also allows for the driveline to hang lower which I dont want cause I have a SYE anyway. But since it's hanging low, the case skid doesnt fit up

Besides the whole t case ordeal, I really like the kit. The difference in ride quality is like night and day. and having that new trans mount is much better too. The install was not that difficult you just need yourself some big drill bits, a good drill, some bigger sized wrenches, and basic hand tools. The crossmember and t case are 1/4 wall and the x flex joints are greasable and what not.

Overall, I really like the kit so far. And for what I paid for it, I dont think it gets much better. (EXCEPT THAT STUPID FUCKING T CASE) I wonder why Im having problems and noone else is.
        Last edited by CumminsJeep; 04-03-2010, 12:22 PM.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

• its about time...
          P8R

OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

• Looks great! Go flex it out now! Nice write-up too man, its nice to see a product type review. You can get the t-case skid to fit. Obviously all the cool kids are modifying their skids to fit
            I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

• looks good. i didnt realize how low the mounts are tho. do not want. and that is lame that the mount nuts are in a place they can get fucked. im making a suggestion. why dont you "layer" it and that will cause the tcase to be higher for the skid and the nuts wont get messed up.

Comment

• Originally posted by crosbike View Post
                looks good. i didnt realize how low the mounts are tho. do not want. and that is lame that the mount nuts are in a place they can get fucked. im making a suggestion. why dont you "layer" it and that will cause the tcase to be higher for the skid and the nuts wont get messed up.
                That was another idea that was running through my head actually. Just need some time to figure out designs and what not. cause Im not about to modify the crossmember and have it not work haha

Comment

• Originally posted by crosbike View Post
                  looks good. i didnt realize how low the mounts are tho. do not want. and that is lame that the mount nuts are in a place they can get fucked. im making a suggestion. why dont you "layer" it and that will cause the tcase to be higher for the skid and the nuts wont get messed up.
                  At least someone is looking out for your nuts Andrew

Comment

• Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
                    At least someone is looking out for your nuts Andrew

Comment

• I just realized that I have pretty much built this jeep so far with an exception of wheels/tires (new tires coming prob in the spring/late winter) and bumpers. It has all new front suspension, steering, different axles and gears, a locker, shocks, brake lines, exhaust, etc etc. and hopefully I get new leafs from Santa this year. So bought not built is going out of style. Which makes me happy, and my bank account sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
                        I just realized that I have pretty much built this jeep so far with an exception of wheels/tires (new tires coming prob in the spring/late winter) and bumpers. It has all new front suspension, steering, different axles and gears, a locker, shocks, brake lines, exhaust, etc etc. and hopefully I get new leafs from Santa this year. So bought not built is going out of style. Which makes me happy, and my bank account sad.
                        Change the name of the build. Santa isn't bringing me Jeep parts because he thinks I ruined a good vehicle.

Comment

• Project Rebuilt

Comment

• long arms on yet?
                            P8R

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedro View Post
                              long arms on yet?
                              when you say that i picture jim carey in your avatar driving up and saying it....
                              - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                              or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                              Originally posted by DizzDizz
                              aliens probed my husband

Comment

• if i was you

i would make a spacer for the t-case crossmember

between the tranny and mount. should fix yo low t-case problem
                                www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Working...
                                X