No announcement yet.

Project: Rebuilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya I was actually just thinking that about mine when I pout my hoops inbut you cant just cut them off at the frame rails. If you go the swap route justmake sure you do unibody stiffeners and shit first. The swap is also nice because you learn so much from your 2 door you know what to do like the stiffners and shit. do it right and nice.
    -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

• i hope this is the end and you now never return
      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
      Originally posted by DizzDizz
      aliens probed my husband

Comment

• just put the hemi in it
        No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
        Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

• Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
          i hope this is the end and you now never return
          see you at KOH pumpkin

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

• maybe its just me.. but i dont care if my jeep rolls off the top of the grand canyon, gets hit with a meteor, or burns to the ground. i will always have it and keep rebuilding it. ive had way to many good memories with it to ever let it go.

keep the XJs alive

Comment

• my thoughts exactly
              - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
              or am asians pants not a read end lol.
              Originally posted by DizzDizz
              aliens probed my husband

Comment

• Originally posted by lilnapsak View Post
                maybe its just me.. but i dont care if my jeep rolls off the top of the grand canyon, gets hit with a meteor, or burns to the ground. i will always have it and keep rebuilding it. ive had way to many good memories with it to ever let it go.

keep the XJs alive
                This. I put my entire front end back together after eating a telephone pole.
                2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                MK2 Jetta > M3
                Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

• I can understand wanting to keep the same jeep because of memories and I use to think that way but its just a vehicle. I can look back at the fun times in my old grey jeep but I don't regret the swap to my current jeep and if I ever feel I need to swap to another body I wont be very sad.

Comment

• Keep it alive!!!
                    -jake........sorry for any of my spelling fails i was droped on my head when i was little.

Quote Phill: Do you drink lots of coffee? I drink it once in a while and I get varying effects. Some days it doesn't bother me but others my heart races like a greyhound from the Vet after the owners realize that it cant race anymore and needs to die. Fuck that, find me some owner with big tits and I'll be cute and slow the rest of my life.

Comment

• As much as I love two doors 4 doors are nice for functionality purposes. But I have always liked your two door.
                      Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

• I vote swap it. It'll be easier in the long run. You wont have rot, sagged doors etc. Def do stiffeners first like caleb said. I didn't but that's cause I don't care
                        I drive a Datsun

Comment

• swap it, rust free never wheeled jeep is the way to go!

Comment

• Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                            I vote swap it. It'll be easier in the long run. You wont have rot, sagged doors etc. Def do stiffeners first like caleb said. I didn't but that's cause I don't care
                            Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
                            swap it, rust free never wheeled jeep is the way to go!
                            Originally posted by crosbike View Post
                            I can understand wanting to keep the same jeep because of memories and I use to think that way but its just a vehicle. I can look back at the fun times in my old grey jeep but I don't regret the swap to my current jeep and if I ever feel I need to swap to another body I wont be very sad.

my thoughts exactly. my jeep has too many little quirks llike alex said...(fuel pump check valve, broken/sagging doors, rotted fenders and rockers, etc etc). If i start new, it will give me a chance to fix all the components im swapping over too. (axle seals, front uca bushings, long arm bushings/joints need replacement, etc etc.) I also potentially want a front locker.

What im thinking is that im going to buy a CLEAN stock one and drive it for a few months and strip out the old one. With the axles and everything sitting, i can start a parts pile of stuff i want to fix or add to the new one (seats, front locker, joints, new leafs, driveshafts, bolt in or custom sliders, etc etc). God knows i wont be wheeling until march or april anyway. that way i can build it exactly the way i want when i have all the parts ready to go and i wont have to deal with having 2 jeeps.

and yes, i will be sad seeing this one go. but its nothing that another (better) one wont be able to fix. And I think i want to get a 4 door as well. The doors on a 2 door are heavy and annoying to put back on and are sagging more and more each day. (you can only weld them back together so many times.)

Comment

• Best idea man, do it up!
                              -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

• Keeping it. Im gonna nut up and pay for two cars on insurance. Just going to get the most basic thing I can get on the XJ. Getting a new whip in the next few weeks. Im buying an 02 Grand (V8 Laredo with a 2wd option, you heard that right) from my father. Oh yes, its patriot blue as well to match the XJ. Im excited to have a nice comfy DD but I am still going to drive the XJ on occasion. As for plans with the WJ, if it does get anything it wont be over a budget boost and might even become a tow rig (air bags, load levelers, etc) and if anyone has any input on towing with one let me know.

Now that the XJ isnt going to be on the road much, and due to the fact that my falkens are already being installed on someone elses wrangler, I decided to treat myself to some new rubber. Just ordered a new set of 35" kevlars that should fit the XJ nicely.

Comment

Working...
                                X