Project: Rebuilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
    one of these days I'll have to buy a set wit the motormount plates and get rid of my kcrusty's
    wanna see what happened to my krustys mounts?

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

• not good, thank god mine are still perfect well... the powdercoating is pealing off!

Comment

• just ordered some Falken Rocky Mountain ATS in 33x12.50 flavor. hello DD tires. kinda pumped about it. should make DDing a little nicer and hopefully control death wobble. Making my cherokee much more enjoyable to drive again. Last weekend at rausch I bent the fawk outta my downpipe on devils den. barely even wheeling too So now I have to get a new downpipe or attempt to bend this one back. Im going to be taking the spool out as well seeing as I prob wont be wheeling Rausch much since the next few times Ill be there will be for helping out with HMC shizzle. When I get a job ill throw some money at an aussie for the 8.8 and after that Ill look for an aussie for the D30. I think it will be pretty capable/less breakable on the trail and still nice to take on the street.

Comment

• Poser
          P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
          2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
          OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedro View Post
            Poser

Comment

• I did some stuff.

I was able to make a cardboard template and have some 1/4" plate rear stiffys cut out. I did it at the weldinf lab on campus fo free so winskis for me. Thanks Penn tech. Too bad I suck with a plasma cutter. O well it was my first time and the shape was still correct. So I welded them on and also started on the LII shock hoops I bought with 5125s. 1 side is done. Just gotta finish up the other side tomorrow. Welder is running on E for gas so we will see if i can get it done on this bottle. I also have to go get a tube for a cross bar. Oh and its finished off with Jon gloss black. Im getting a lot better at a MIG and def more confident. I was proud of some of the beads I laid.

driver side

passenger side

the shocks

Last edited by CumminsJeep; 05-04-2011, 08:13 PM.

Comment

• nice. how much travel are those shocks? your hoops go a lot higher than mine so i was just wondering.

Comment

• 2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                  MK2 Jetta > M3
                  Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

• Sick nasty brochacho!
                    2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
                    • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
                    • 4.0/42rle/np241or
                    • 5.13's
                    • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
                    • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

• Originally posted by crosbike View Post
                      nice. how much travel are those shocks? your hoops go a lot higher than mine so i was just wondering.
                      they are 12 inch travels. with the jeep fully loaded with all my stuff and a spare it is about 5.5" of uptravel and 6.5" of downtravel. I wanted about 5" of up and 7" of down but this is what it came out as. Im happy with it either way.

ALL DONE the hoops and crossbar are right up against the rear seat when its fully latched and my toolbox/milk-crate fit perfectly in-between and underneath. minimally invasive shock hoops ftw

Last edited by CumminsJeep; 05-05-2011, 08:32 PM.

Comment

• gotta hand it to you

nice work here

warmth is here, go touch up the outside of the XJ!
                        - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                        or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                        Originally posted by DizzDizz
                        aliens probed my husband

Comment

• Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                          gotta hand it to you

nice work here

warmth is here, go touch up the outside of the XJ!
                          yea i bought some flap wheels today in preparation for some serious rust prevention that will take place in the next few weeks. the quarter armor is starting to peel around the edges too. may have to clean them up and give them a nice coat of Jon gloss. the bumpers are going to get painted too. Salt destroyed the jeep this winter. oh and not to mention the hole in the driver side rocker that I need to patch up.

Comment

• Jon Gloss does a lot of solving. I will be Jon Glossing tomorrow a bit
                            - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                            or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                            Originally posted by DizzDizz
                            aliens probed my husband

Comment

• Fucking love having a paint named after me

Jeep is looking good andrew! Do shit while I'm gone so it'll force me to do some when I get back. Keeping up with the Jones'
                              I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

• Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
                                Fucking love having a paint named after me

Jeep is looking good andrew! Do shit while I'm gone so it'll force me to do some when I get back. Keeping up with the Jones'
                                Ill see what I can do! safe trip Jon!

Comment

Working...
                                X