Project: Rebuilt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by XJLI View Post
    yesh, put a bead of black silicone around the edge on the outside. pretty sure thats what was done on the OG thor guard writeup from back in the day.
    sweet thats what i was planning on.......and im guessing i have to take out all rear interior plastics to put nuts on the other side of the bolts?

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

• I know for my detours, Mark instructed to do the silicone, but not on the bottom to allow drainage and not allow moisture to get locked

Comment

• Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
        sweet thats what i was planning on.......and im guessing i have to take out all rear interior plastics to put nuts on the other side of the bolts?
        yup. search naxja theres a writeup buried somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cletus View Post
          ah never bothered with them dents add character
          that area is the one place i get pissed off when i hit it because its pretty much a permanent part of the body, can't just bolt it on and off. i have had to stick a bigass prybar in the taillight holes just so i could remount my taillights in there, fuck that noise, if i can avoid it, all the better.
          www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

• oh boy
            P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
            2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
            OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

• Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
              that area is the one place i get pissed off when i hit it because its pretty much a permanent part of the body, can't just bolt it on and off. i have had to stick a bigass prybar in the taillight holes just so i could remount my taillights in there, fuck that noise, if i can avoid it, all the better.

x2, those panels help alot, especially when driving on rocks and their are tree's nearby.
              Attached Files
              1998 2Dr Cherokee. 4.0 HO with an AX-15 5spd and NP231. Dana 30HP front and ford 8.8 rear.
              .,=====o00o ______________
              //___l__,\____\,___ ____
              l_---\____l----[]lllllll[] _
              _(o)_)___(o)_)--o-)_)

Comment

• Sick
                -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

• damn peter your 1/4 guard looks sweet
                  I drive a Datsun

Comment

• O andrew are you going to be adding some protection in front of those? I highly suggest it, the like to get dented right behind the doors.
                    -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigbike View Post
                      O andrew are you going to be adding some protection in front of those? I highly suggest it, the like to get dented right behind the doors.
                      I dunno yet. there is a huge rust spot on the driver side right in front of the tire. I blew through it with the pressure washer the other day. So i dunno If I wanna make some sort of protection there instead of patch it up. I gotta do some thinking. but prob not anything too soon.

oh and here is the other one. It was my first time painting anything with a spray gun that wasnt primer and they came out pretty sick

Last edited by CumminsJeep; 02-21-2010, 11:19 PM.

Comment

• i would cut out that spot, patch it then plate over it
                        I drive a Datsun

Comment

• Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                          i would cut out that spot, patch it then plate over it
                          thats what im feeling. Or just cut it out, bondo it, and than plate over it

Comment

• ehhh you can weld in a piece of sheet metal just as easily and it will be much better than bondo
                            I drive a Datsun

Comment

• Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                              ehhh you can weld in a piece of sheet metal just as easily and it will be much better than bondo
                              yea. I just have to see how bad it really is in there. but my hand went in there pretty far

Comment

• i dont think its terrible. just cut out that whole side in a rectangle from end to end. then it will be minty solid
                                I drive a Datsun

Comment

Working...
                                X