The Poor Whitey Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dogman View Post
    From what I read on NAXJA - using an XJ main coupled with the full S-10 pack will yield a little over 4". So I'm thinking either I take one of the S-10 leaves out for 3" or leave it in for the full 4".

I thought about using the 2nd XJ leaf but my reasoning for using the S-10 leaves is because I tend to haul quite a bit of weight and also pull a trailer. There's quite a difference in weight, strength, and arch between the S-10 and XJ leaves. I was quite surprised how heavy the S-10 leaves were when I picked them up.

My reasoning for the LSD in the rear is two-fold. First being a daily driver and then I was also thinking this jeep may see some time in RCRocs Class I where only one locker is allowed and LSD doesn't qualify as a locker so that would allow me to put an Aussie or Lock-Rite up front.

Just thoughts for now as I change my mind as often as a ____ but I'm always open to suggestions - Thanks.
    RCrocs C1 eh? Hell, if youre gonna LSD it, makes sure you get a detroit trutrac then I'd actually lock the rear and trutrac the front, I wanted to do that for a while.

Makes sense if youre gonna haul, the S10 leaves will ride firmer but theyre more HD

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
      I'd actually lock the rear and trutrac the front, I wanted to do that for a while.
      big huge ol' x2 here
      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
      Originally posted by DizzDizz
      aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
        big huge ol' x2 here
        I will take that under advisement - and wait for the monies to come.

Comment

Looks good man!!! Sorry when you came up to me RC if I seemed a little out of it, I didnt realize who you were until you walked away lol. Ill see ya at the next one though
          You better decide if you are hanging on the cross, or banging in the nails

Comment

No problem - I was interrupting your lunch and you guys are busy running around trying to catch the action. I've had that happen to me at dog events where people I already knew came up to me and I couldn't remember who they were or what was said.

I might not make the next RCRocs - same weekend as our dog club's picnic and pig roast...and I'm the one roasting the pig.

Comment

Poor Whitey gets a LIFT

Rear springs (XJ Main, S-10 Main, all but 1 from S-10 pack - used the overload) $60
              Front springs (used 3" Motion Offroad Coils) $50
              Edelbrock shocks all around $119
              Misc. hardware $50
              Time = A learning experience
              Ride = SWEET! I was expecting a stiff ride but the shocks must be doing their thing. I like it.

Next: TC drop - Maybe?
              Home-built front bumper
              Front sway bar discos/links (I just cut the old ones out)

Comment

looks good
                1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                2001 wj tbd
                1974 5 ton

Comment

very nice start
                  - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                  or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                  Originally posted by DizzDizz
                  aliens probed my husband

Comment

Thanks...I figure not bad for a dog trainer...learning as I go

The only real issue I had to deal with during the install (besides my noobness) was the front leaf eye bolts. Broke the weld on one nut and had to cut through the floor to get a new one in there.

Comment

Looks great.
                      -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Picked up some comfort - heated leather seats out of a ZJ.

Comment

Looks good man! If you want some 31x10.5x15's you can HAVE my old set. The tread isn't great. Evan (fullwidthxj) has them just talk to him if you want them. He was going to give them back to me but I have no use for them
                          I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Looks good man!!! If you are going to go up to 31s I have a pretty much brand new el cheapo GT radial MT if you need it for a spare or something....make an offer its taking up space haha

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Thanks for the offers - I think I'm gonna save my pennies and get myself a new set of 33x10.50s - that's the plan anyways. I'm tired of running on low tread and wanna feel what's it like to run some new tires again.

Comment

Poor Whitey spent some money - just couldn't go any longer on the old BFG ATs....think there was 55K miles on them. So I picked up a set of 33x10.50s that had a couple hundred miles on them. Wanted to go MTs but couldn't pass up this deal. So yesterday was fender trimming day. Went way easier than expected.

Next up is:
                                Installing front and gas tank skids - paint is drying right now;
                                Installing WJ LCAs;
                                Installing adjustable trackbar;
                                Sanding/painting the interior floor; and
                                Installing those heated leather ZJ seats I picked up a while ago.

Trackbar courtesy of MrSimon over on NAXJA.....just needed to run the tap/die over the threads and it seems good to go.

Front DS acquired....now need a SYE and will hopefully clock the TC by Xmas time.

Comment

Working...
                                X