No announcement yet.

The Poor Whitey Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a heads up on the wj arms, they are wider than your stock ones so you need to grind the sleeves on the arms down a tab bit.
    1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
    2001 wj tbd
    1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by Cletus View Post
      Just a heads up on the wj arms, they are wider than your stock ones so you need to grind the sleeves on the arms down a tab bit.

Yep - prepared to do that. I thought about wheel spacers or new rims to deal with the LCA rubbing but I'm gonna stick with the JY cheap theme for my build as long as its practical.

Comment

Looks good man. coming along very nicely
        2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
        • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
        • 4.0/42rle/np241or
        • 5.13's
        • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
        • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

When installing the leather seats, the fronts are easy, the tracks from the XJ seats will bolt on to the ZJ seats, and vise versa if you wanted to try and sell your stock seats as zj seats. The rear seats, they will bit but you need to make them fit. you have to set them up and drill holes and such but they will fit.
          Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

The ZJ seats I have are electric, with lumbar support and heat. I'd like to retain the electric features - especially the lumbar and heat - but my stock seats are manual.

I did pull an XJ driver's side seat base from the JY that has some electric features but the recline is still manual. I have some research to do yet before I get too involved with the project.

My stock XJ seats are trashed and will be sitting on the curb ASAP.

Comment

There is no easy way to install the Zj seat brackets in to an XJ. The best solution is to get an XJ seat bracket with an electric motor, and mount the ZJ seat to that, Then, you can wire up all the electronics.

Or you can use the XJ seat bracket you have now, keep the manual slide and wire in the electric recline.

I tried, to mount the ZJ seat in with the ZJ seat bracket before and there are just easier ways to do it.
              Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

Working...
              X