The Outlaw, my 2dr XJ build, and story of my life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Outlaw, my 2dr XJ build, and story of my life

My XJ has seen a tough life. I got it from a friend in my town, it was sitting in her back yard, she spun it around on the highway and rearended a jersey barrier. i gave it a test spin, told her i'd give her 350$. she thought it was worth nothing due to saggy headliner and its overall crappy appearance. she a woman? Brought the sucker home on a stellar winter friday night with no intensions of any significant use. i just thought i got a good beater. Doing donuts hopped up on captain morgan at 2am. prompted the police to my their first visit with my newly aquired jeep.

What do you do with a beat? You drag old microwaves around by the power cord. Throw it in reverse and somehow get stuck on it.

Experimented with old drab and camo, thankgod i grew out of the phase.

The reason why i had no intentions on messing with his XJ, i had this 4+year project. rear 60, front chevy44. i was 90% done, then i gave up. I started to dove the front, which was my downfall. Too much all at once. I needed to get back into the wheeling game.
    Sold some of the stuff from this behemoth. Took the rockers, front bumper, and started fabbing for the XJ.

With the XJ on the road, i got pulled over 8 times in 12k miles. 2 seat belt, one no doors, cracked windshield, no turn signal, no front license plate. I had home brew paint job and huge front bumper. I decided something had to give. So i bought a rubicon lj. XJ went under the knife.

I toyed with ideas of putting my isuzu 12bolt in the rear, and beefing the 30, but i went with 9inch rear, hp 44 front. 6 lug front and rear.37inch pittbulls TNT y-link. 5.5 RE leafs, 5something RE coils, Hysteer, stock shafts in the 44,

I had a crane cover from my 60 and no one would buy it. so i cut the 9 cover off and slapped it on. Dutchman chromo 35spline rear, spooled, Strange Nodular case, daytona pinion support, isuzu 12bolt disc brakes.

mock up with real glass windshield

Being out of wheeling for a long long time. I took a line at vanes me and my jeep wasn't ready for. i wasn't aired down, brand new leafs that wouldn't budge, and a rookie driver = owned.

Yard flex, with lexan windshield. alot of hammering and pulling got the roof somewhat back in shape. if i roll again, i will DIE. tube is sitting on a shelf patiently waiting.

The more current picture, 9.5TI winch. front cage. wheeling for the weekend was more important at the time then finishing the whole cage, thats why i've only got the front on.

sick I like it
    4x4 Station Wagon...

Comment

damn dude nice rig!

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

slinger
        1950 Willys Trail Rig
        2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

Certainly an improvement from when you bought it.
          06 Wrangler TJ 6 Speed 4" Rough Country Lift on BF Goodrich 33's.

Comment

me wantz
            Originally posted by Ktmracer419
            some people choose video games
            some choose projects
            some choose welding random things together

Comment

looks good dude
              "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

nice rig man
                Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

very nice look.
                  Stories like this make me feel okay that my jeep is a POS
                  Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

this thing is sick. i know what its like rolling in a jeep. i did it with my 99 xj. it sucked. there was no fixing that thing tho
                    2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport, 4.0L I6, stock for now

Comment

Working...
                    X