Project bolt on.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
    your spine, teeth and any living thing within a mile radius will regret running shockless
    Fixed.
    2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
    MK2 Jetta > M3
    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Ever ride around with shocks that are an inch too short? I tried it....I hate it way more than blown shocks or none at all LOL
      -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
      https://www.facebook.com/M3TALurgist
      I Love Scott Decker and Erik Miller
      -Ian

"Blood makes you related, Loyalty makes you family"

Comment

I did for over a year. And it was a hell of a lot better (And safer) than none.
        2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
        MK2 Jetta > M3
        Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

I'm just gonna call 4wheel parts tomorrow and see what my out the door price is on a set of cheapie skyjackers or something ...hopefully without getting raped on shipping I can have them before thursday .....
          -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
          -Ian

Comment

i blew out my rear shocks at Rausch one year, wheeled the weekend and drove home

when i got home, my rear leafs were 100% ruined and I had to buy new ones

just saying
            - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
            or am asians pants not a read end lol.
            Originally posted by DizzDizz
            aliens probed my husband

Comment

I'd look for cheap on Summit before I ever looked on 4WP... Summit has amazing customer service, an awesome website, and the stuff is on my doorstep 2 days later assuming in stock
              97 XJ.

Comment

I ran no rear shocks for quite awhile and the leafs were fine then I sold it to dizzy
                I drive a Datsun

Comment

moral of the story sounds like; run no rear shocks and you'll be fine, then sell it to dizzy
                  - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                  or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                  Originally posted by DizzDizz
                  aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                    I'd look for cheap on Summit before I ever looked on 4WP... Summit has amazing customer service, an awesome website, and the stuff is on my doorstep 2 days later assuming in stock
                    Harry wins comment of the day haha that's the level of advice I'm looking for at the moment. Cheapest fastest right now is key!
                    -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                    -Ian

Comment

i blew out my rear shocks at Rausch one year, wheeled the weekend and drove home

just saying
                      They're nothing special anyway Lol ruining a set of already sagged add a leafs that have been perked up really isn't much of a loss in my book. The suspension system is almost fully recycled from the old XJ...probably why it death wobbles and rides like dooty
                      -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                      -Ian

Comment

Do you have shocks in it now? I drove a few miles on mine without rear shocks and I would call it borderline dangerous
                        97 XJ.

Comment

yeah theres shocks on it, lucky for me i have a DD cause theyre about an inch too short, every time the suspension rebounds it just STOPS and kinda launches you in the seat a little...and forget flexing haha theyre like limiting straps only worse!
                          -00 XJ. 3.5", 33s. Stuff
                          -Ian

Comment

Originally posted by 92xjlaredo View Post
                            I'm just gonna call 4wheel parts tomorrow and see what my out the door price is on a set of cheapie skyjackers or something ...hopefully without getting raped on shipping I can have them before thursday .....
                            you could just go online and order them instead of delaying it day after day after day. Your out the door price for 30 dollar shocks is the same as anyone else's. Have fun paying 2nd day air on a 30lb box

Here, I did it for you...

front
                            http://www.rustysoffroad.com/rustys-...ock-rx-27.html

rear
                            http://www.rustysoffroad.com/rustys-...ock-rx-35.html

$132 plus $20 shipping plus tax. Took 5 minutes

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

moral of the story sounds like; run no rear shocks and you'll be fine, then sell it to dizzy
                              Moral to every story, sell it to dizzy

Also, if he would put rear shocks in it then who will drive down to the gas station jumping the back tires off of the ground? Noone that's who!
                              Last edited by Burton58; 07-21-2014, 03:33 PM.
                              I drive a Datsun

Comment

just saying
                                I remember that. Your leafs were in an "s" shape.

I ran my old xj for a day without rear shocks when I out my old lift on because of course the upper shock mounts broke. It was like a roller coaster ride.
                                P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                                2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                                OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Working...
                                X