No announcement yet.

box with big wheels thing i'm making

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i may have found a deal on new Spidertrax F450 Cs and what not, would you like these? i can finish them up for you, shipping will be gay but i can do it.

i'll need to know in the next few hours as i may pass on the deal. i have all the parts off the GM D60 from Cs out. PM me if you're interested.
    actually i can build and entire axle like for ya if you want hahah, we're good at it now i'm also pretty cheap since i just do it because i like it.

Comment

How much for the hubs? Im not too worried as i have access to a machine shop.
      Last edited by crosbike; 02-06-2014, 12:30 PM.

Comment

Awesome build man! wished i had got one tons insted of the 44/60
        00 xj hp44 aussie lsd 5.38s, d60 welded 5.38s, 37" MTR Kevlars on 17" H2 wheels, chevy one ton steering, comanche rear leafs, 11" inch travel bilsteins in the front 14" in the rear

98 xj hp30 open 4.10s, 8.8 lsd 4.10s, 33" duratracs on 16" moabs, ruffstuff frame stiffeners, custom 3 link 3/4 heims for the upper and 1.25 for the lowers, f150 10" travel shocks in the front with 3" coils and yj brake hoses, an extra main leaf in the rear and 1.5" lift shackles in the rear

Comment

Uhhhhh. Does $300 sound fair? Not hard but just a lot of machine time.

Do you need the rest of the hub parts?

Originally posted by Dozor View Post
          Awesome build man! wished i had got one tons insted of the 44/60
          Need a rear 609 built? I can get a deal on a housing for a guy on pirate and have all the true bar fixtures made.

ok...... just bought Spidertrax knuckles, dear god i'm retarded. come on Crosbike, buy some shit i'm in the poor house hahaha
          Last edited by sardo_67; 02-07-2014, 12:41 AM.

Comment

hoping this goes in a good direction.

Comment

$300 for the hubs? no ill do it myself

Comment

I was just throwing a number out figuring its about 4hrs of work.

What are they worth? I have no idea.

Comment

Ill just do it myself.

Comment

Dammit, now I have to sell them haha.

Comment

4.0 work, limited time sunday night so only the crank was put in. this week i am hoping the short block will be assembled.
                      still not sure what it's going into though, anyone here want a fresh 4.0?

Comment

took the XJ out thursday night in the snow for a fail spin for about a mile.... both front calipers were staying locked up and i even had to give it gas to go down a steep hill, got it back to the garage with some extra crispy calipers, oops.

after that shit show i stopped at NAPA and got new calipers, problem solved, then figured i'd throw in the Aussie i have for the front, pretty damn easy.

then tonight some 4.0 progress, short block is about 80% done, rotating assy is final installed and some custom tweaks.

rings fitted into each cylinder for end-gap measurement, checked for burrs then installed onto corresponding piston.

OEM factory 4.0 rods have a small squirter hole in them to spray a little extra oil onto the cam shaft, the matching OEM bearings have a matching hole in them to line up with the rod. the aftermarket Clevite 77 bearings do not have the hole so we filed a notch out of them for the oil squirter.

ARP rod bolts have a torque spec along with a min and max stretch tolerance on them, torque them up to what ARP recommends then measure stretch and adjust torque accordingly.

measure stretch

skipped a pic of installing pistons but you all probably know what that looks like.
                        final short block rotating assembly.

Last edited by sardo_67; 02-16-2014, 10:56 PM.

Comment

few weeks ago i put the brackets on the rear housing

got home after the gym and tore the 3.5 apart further, to my surprise the bearings and important parts are like new in there. main bearings look brand new. getting new rings and a quick ball hone then back together.

heads are just getting the basic, valve job, resurface, and then upgrading the rocker trunions to the CompCams kit since the OEM are known to blow the needle bearings out.

final TIG'd the brackets on last weekend, still some minor work that it needs though.

then yesterday some front axle stuff showed up thinking i should copy Millers ZJ front axle specs for this one, will be playing with some bracket combos tomorrow and some other tinkering with it.

also yes, my Iphone is taking some suck ass pics, not sure why
                          Last edited by sardo_67; 02-27-2014, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Can I ask a simple question?

Luke95
                            OER The bad judgment Olympics.

Lowlife 35x12.5s on 3 inches of lift.
                            General Tires are

Comment

you want to give me 11g for everything jeep i have? ok come get it

Comment

No why are you building fab 9s? I mean I dont think I have seen a pic of this thing wheeling?
                                OER The bad judgment Olympics.

Lowlife 35x12.5s on 3 inches of lift.
                                General Tires are

Comment

Working...
                                X