box with big wheels thing i'm making

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well this turd is gonna take a bit more time to polish up than i expected

the nice looking passanger rockers and the burnt driver side make me wonder what i'll find when i take the heads off as i need to clean these things.

intake runners are caked with carbon and crap from the EGR.

Comment

finally drove this around the driveway... finalize the steering links, weld rear shock brackets on, once over all the bolts to make sure they are tight and bleed the brakes. take for a test drive. started right up and didn't even have a CEL for once hahaha.

also this week i got 80% of my brothers D30 set up and tacked on. just waiting on a few new parts from the laser place.

Comment

Bunch of god damn toilets.

Comment

no major progress, jeep is inside getting the final once over on all the nuts and bolts along with adjusting the long arms and rebuilding the steering with new TREs.

609 rear is coming together soon. everything will be on the way here this week.

nice deal on a N case 3rd member, 35 spline ARB with unfortunately 5:29s but what ever, good deal so i went with it. just need to mock it up and order the cut to fit shafts from ECG... then BAM! sick ass rear. oh.. and the 4 link too.

also last week i took all the parts off the GM D60 front, inner Cs out with shafts. sell off a few things and i'll have a Spidertrax front housing on the way. i'm aiming for just after Christmas for that one.

Comment

what's wrong with 5.29s?
            95 xj JY 3" 35" truxus mt's

Comment

Originally posted by murdered out manche View Post
              what's wrong with 5.29s?
              it's a driver and i wanted lower RPMs so i'm not at 4,000 on the highway.

Comment

Why spend so much on axles and suspension when its only going to see pavement. I mean hell you could just slap on a long arm lift for a better ride, Gear the stock axles and run 37" tires just fine on pavement.

Comment

That would be ghey and not as much fun. The 37s are on 8 lug wheels already so might as well put tons under it right? Haha

I'm not going to be rock crawling on real trails with it but will be driving it like a jackass in the snow or where ever in general, I'd blow stock axles in a month. Well at least the rear right away and maybe the front. I don't want to have to worry about breaking something when I decide to take a shortcut through the woods or hammer on it through an old quad trail.

Comment

rear end and 3d are here. some much needed lathe time on the spindles this weekend i hope.

Last edited by sardo_67; 12-14-2013, 03:36 AM.

Comment

Steering is all there, however I need to flip the upper link on the knuckle. It binds and limits full droop on that side.

Only took the better part of a year but I actually have rear brakes on this rig

Run one more brake line and do a once over on all the nuts and bolts.... Then I'll be read to beat on it for the storm this weekend.
                      Last edited by sardo_67; 12-13-2013, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Spider trax 9 housing is about to be done. 12in piece of machined alunimum bar stock is on the way and should be here today so we can make the spindle pucks. extra 3rd bill had laying around i gutted and then machined carrier bearing pucks to use with a 1.250 70in bar he had laying around that is straight.

quickly eyeballing how much tube i'm going to need to cut off, i'm going with a centered pinion on this. looks like 6.5in off the driver and 4.5 off the passenger side.

true bar fits nice and spins freely in just the 2 center ones with only a little play. i'm hoping that i can have the housing cut to the right length and spindle ends welded on by the 1st

i am planning to go with 64WMS in the rear and 65WMS in the front, any comments on those numbers or why i may want to wider?
                        Last edited by sardo_67; 12-27-2013, 12:21 PM.

Comment

finished this thing up today, ordering cut to fit shafts from ECG tomorrow

TIG weld and what not

a lot of pics on my DSLR i'll post up when i get some time

Comment

We did stuff and things last night so the 609 fab's almost done.

Just need the axle bracket kit to be installed and I'm ready to go.

Comment

last weekends project, making GM D60 dually king pin spindles into normal ones......

then turning them into decent round things to make the lathe happier

after all that they are at a pretty good starting point, also showed how far off those castings were. about 3/8 heavy on on side.

Comment

I am not looking forward to doing this to my 60

Comment

Working...
                                X