My black xj project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harry View Post
    And then what? Mine weren't in good shape either... Clearly had taken some hits. Finally did something about it when it tore. Plated over side/bottom
    Something like this.

I go to school in 3 days, I wont touch it until mid December/January or maybe not until May. Its really not terrible but i like to jump from one extreme to the other(part out?).

but seriously i want to cage it and always liked the idea of cutting the roof off. The back frame section has more then a few issues, so i figured i might as well get rid of it. Ive been thinking about keeping it leaf sprung though.

Comment

That really escalated quickly

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

I might be getting some tube in a week or so and well theres this little part of my mind telling me to do something like this, as in better then this. I just kinda like how simple it makes the cage and the hummer look I find highly(as in when I'm high) appealing.

Now the whole reason for doing any of this is my frame has this fold in it right above the rear axle. I didnt notice it for a while i thought it was just my shackles and relocate bracket a little tweaked. But after breaking both my leaf center pins this past summer its got to be the frame thats causing the problems.

so my thought process is...The more i chop the easier/simpler all the cage work gets.
        just when everyone thought my jeep couldn't get more hack
        Last edited by cherokee-at-16; 12-16-2014, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X