No announcement yet.

Project Daddy's Little Girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my friend who sold you the 35 with the f-ed up ring gear bolts blew up his 44 the other night. Ring gear bolts backed out. That's the third axle he's had with the same problem. Must be his constant offroad abuse and neglect....not.
    1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
    1999 sierra
    1967 M725 Big and Slow
    -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
      my friend who sold you the 35 with the f-ed up ring gear bolts blew up his 44 the other night. Ring gear bolts backed out. That's the third axle he's had with the same problem. Must be his constant offroad abuse and neglect....not.
      puts a fuzzy feeling in my stomach....let me tell you.

is there any reason why that rear would have been rebuilt? does he not believe in red lock tite and a torque wrench?

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Almost done. The steering shaft we got from a 4.0l is apparently different than a 2.5l So, now we have to find another one. Brakes are all done with the new Crown hoses, etc.

New steering stabilizer, trackbar, etc.

GRAB HANDLEZZZZZZ

New BedRugz carpets for the front and behind the front seats. Apparently these can be taken right out and hosed down. Look pretty good IMHOIRLTTLY

P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
        2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
        OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

- The brakes are all good to go and the system is bled. I used crown extended brake lines and all stainless lines. Also got a new set of rotors and calipers from Napa.
          - Full exhaust is back in. Just went with a factory system from napa. New cat and O2 sensors and I used the downpipe, muffler, and tailpipe that I put on last spring. Thank god I was able to save a rear hanger from the old frame.
          - Driveshafts are back in with all new u joint straps and fancy black paint
          - Interior is done
          - Engine harness, vapor line from the tank, and fuel lines are all in and patched up.
          - Front end is done- track bar, steering stabilizer, etc

Only a few things left....

Steering shaft (may use the old one for now and see how it goes)
          battery
          coolant
          fan shroud

Than all I do is turn the key and hope for the best....

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
            puts a fuzzy feeling in my stomach....let me tell you.

is there any reason why that rear would have been rebuilt? does he not believe in red lock tite and a torque wrench?
            I dunno if my sarcasm didn't transfer, but he almost never wheels, is meticulous with all of his stuff and always does the required maintenance.

That rear end came out of a tj that was blown up when he got it, he only drove with it in there for a few months before swapping the 44 in. We never opened the cover on that 35 so I dunno who was in there last.
            1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
            1999 sierra
            1967 M725 Big and Slow
            -Dan

Comment

Lol ok. I was being sarcastic as well. I'm sure it's fine. Not worried

Comment

It's alive

Tonight I got all the hoses buttoned up with the radiator, fan shroud, power steering, and the steering shaft (used the old one for now). Put coolant in it, put the battery in, turned the key and viola she fired right up.

However, its got some rotational ticking/clicking that sounds like its coming from the transfer case/trans area. Driveshafts are tight, I know it has a bad u joint in the front but its not that, and I can feel it in my feet. Didnt spend a lot of time looking into in tonight but Im wondering if the linkage got a little out of whack when I took it out or put it back together It also seems to do it less in 4x4 but the front end feels like there is a tightness in it when I try and turn slow. Like something is holding it back. Ill figure it out. Either way I took it down the street and it definitely drives like a lifted wrangler now. Definitely needs the sway bar in the front and an alignment. But thats easy enough to do at my shop.

Comment

Mounted the KC lights on the A pillar and wired them up

And the biggest update so far. It drives

Just need to put in the front swaybar and paint and put on the JCR sliders Hopefully we can give the outside a good cleaning this week as well and maybe a little detail. Took the Rustys sticker off the windshield as well.

She is just about done. Just in time for Christmas
                  P8R

OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
                    Took the Rustys sticker off the windshield as well.

She is just about done. Just in time for Christmas
                    Not only the best mod in the thread so far, but the best gift you could have given your dad for christmas
                    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                    Originally posted by DizzDizz
                    aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                      Not only the best mod in the thread so far, but the best gift you could have given your dad for christmas
                      Now here's the question, should we put a Rough Cuntry one on they gave us? To me it's a little tacky tacky tacky, but considering the whole thing is RC it may have to. I mean, it is the Quadratec build
                      P8R

Comment

You should plaster it in HMC... paint it blue and white.
                        2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                        MK2 Jetta > M3
                        Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Now here's the question, should we put a Rough Cuntry one on they gave us? To me it's a little tacky tacky tacky, but considering the whole thing is RC it may have to. I mean, it is the Quadratec build
                          how much is rough country paying you or discounting you for that real estate?
                          - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                          or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                          Originally posted by DizzDizz
                          aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                            how much is rough country paying you or discounting you for that real estate?
                            It's still up for bid, just waiting on a few offers from other top names in the industry...

20 piece and it's yours.
                            P8R

Comment

Originally posted by SwampAss View Post
                              You should plaster it in HMC... paint it blue and white.
                              I think we have officially chosen to go with Deep Water Blue Pearl
                              P8R

Comment

I think we have officially chosen to go with Deep Water Blue Pearl
                                Love it.
                                2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                                MK2 Jetta > M3
                                Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Working...
                                X