No announcement yet.

Harry's thread to organize all his Jeep thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

non-build related: the garage looks different in pictures.

build related: ermegerhd wontons!

Comment

Might be a good idea to throa s spindle and hub on to mount a wheel and check for clearance at the back of the wheel opening full lock/bump.
      I wish I moved my track bar farther forward so I could move the axle more. The rear of the wheel opening doesnt like to move lol.
      Dan.
      2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

http://www.facebook.com/people/Dan-M...00000913365979
      www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Originally posted by ct67_72 View Post
        Might be a good idea to throa s spindle and hub on to mount a wheel and check for clearance at the back of the wheel opening full lock/bump.
        I wish I moved my track bar farther forward so I could move the axle more. The rear of the wheel opening doesnt like to move lol.
        I was thinking about putting a wheel on to check clearance. Probably a good idea. My trackbar mount still bolts on so it would not be hard to move that forward in the future. I am definitely concerned about clearance on the back of the wheel well and the lower links. I guess we'll see.
        97 XJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Reid View Post
          ermegerhd
          ERMEGERRHHHHDDD
          97 XJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
            I was thinking about putting a wheel on to check clearance. Probably a good idea. My trackbar mount still bolts on so it would not be hard to move that forward in the future. I am definitely concerned about clearance on the back of the wheel well and the lower links. I guess we'll see.
            Im kind of curious how much room you have too.
            Dan.
            2000 XJ, BJ 60 front, welded, 5.13's, 3 link, ruffstuff heims. D70 rear, detroit, 5.13's, discs. stretched. trail ready beadlocks. 39" Red labels. 4:1 Klune V-drive/D20, PSC full hydro

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Im kind of curious how much room you have too.
              Shhhhh... It will all work out...
              97 XJ.

Comment

HAHA I didnt measure and double check nearly as much as I should have. I said eh, it will work, and it did! lol. Only thing I wish I did was move the track bar farther forward. But we can fix that.
                Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

HAHA I didnt measure and double check nearly as much as I should have. I said eh, it will work, and it did! lol. Only thing I wish I did was move the track bar farther forward. But we can fix that.
                  It looks like I could get another 1" or so from redrilling the steering box holes and moving it forward. Which would be a fucking pain in the ass. Or, if I don't have full steering range of motion anyway from rubbing, maybe I could just find another flatish pitman that is shorter from hole to hole
                  97 XJ.

Comment

Burning in the steering!!

97 XJ.

Comment

Nice welds!

Comment

Originally posted by clean4drxj View Post
                        Nice welds!
                        Thanks!!
                        97 XJ.

Comment

Damn, I want to TIG something, its been too long
                          Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

Damn, I want to TIG something, its been too long
                            Come on over some night and finish up your bumps. TIG and torch away
                            97 XJ.

Comment

HMMMM, I already welded it all together, i was thinking how nice it would have been to have my tig too
                              what else do I need to do...............
                              Dan.

www.DMROFFROAD.com

Comment

dan should we go on a field trip to build my long arms ?
                                -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
                                -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
                                -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
                                -57 GMC Pickup
                                -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

Working...
                                X