"Wolfgang"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Wolfgang"

ive been meaning to make a build thread since i first joined this forum.. finally have time to sit on my ass and do absolutly nothing tonight so heres my first jeep build i dubbed "Wolfgang". lost most of the photos of the begining stages though..

may 31st 2008, took it for a test drive and came back with it looking like this

owner had a fit but i got it for 2k with 155k on the clock.

shortly after i put on a 3" RC lift and some 31" bfg KMs, jcr stage 3 front bumper with hoop. hidden hitch, and some lights. and did alot of wheeling and epic scenery adventuring

year and a half went by wheeling, fixing shit, doing small mods..

..and pileing parts up for the next stage of the build

had a gorgeous weekend off from work so i tore into it

6.5" RC longarm kit, P.O.R.C. SYE, currie steering, disc ford 8.8, procomp 1059 wheels(), and 35x12.5R15 km2s with some other goodies to bring it together.

wheeled and broke ALOT, fixed things and upgraded alot of the shitty RC parts

ripped my grey interior out since i found a tan interior after searching for one since the month i got the jeep

made halfdoors (still need to do the rear doors), found a lund moon visor that i was also looking for since i bought the jeep.

got a winch and atempted to put it behind the crossmember/bumper when my drill decided to give me a big .. breaking my hand (bit caught spinning my hand with the drill)...

but after 2 weeks of seeing my jeep sit.. not finished i had a briliant idea

so i got that done and wheeled alot

did alot of go-fast this past summer

and started gathering parts again..

recently i swapped in some LII leaf sliders, clayton leaf springs, and bought some energy suspension bumpstops and ran them like alot of people i see on here do

finished pics have to wait until i burn my LII shock hoops in through the floor and measure for shocks( fox 2.0 remote resi in a 'hopefully' 14" travel..)

current specs as of 11-11-11

1997 jeep cherokee sport

drivetrain- 4.0l i6, aw4, 231 t-case w/ SYE, hp d30 / disc 8.8 lsd w/4.10's

suspension- RC longarms, 6.5" RC coils, 6.5" clayton leafs, LII leaf sliders, bilstein 5150s, hockey puck/stock front bumpstops, daystar/energy suspension rear bumpstops,
    no swaybars

steering- durango steering box, currie HD steering, IRO trackbar/bracket

wheels/tires- procomp 1059 wrapped with 35x12.5r15 km2s

armor- RC crossmember/t-case skid, jcr stage 3 front bumper, ruff stuff 8.8 diff cover, hidden hitch

other junk- 5' 2" texas longhorns, motorhome hoodvents, cowl snorkel, doorless mod, halfdoors, hella 500s up front, aux wallmart reverse lights, highlift, bunch of recovery shit, warn m8000, high rise alternator relocation, AC delete, dual stock e-fans, cut and fold lower 1/4 panel, flowmaster 50 dumped after muffler, ruffstuff u-bolts & u-bolt plates, dual stock soundbars, custom bamboo headliner, uniden cb radio w/ PA, fire extinguishers, fuel pump kill switch, rustys TBS, locking center consol, autometer trans temp gauge, b&m trans cooler, cut fenders/ inner wheel wells, sparco hood pins, stock front driveshafts front/rear & spares, LED interior lighting and whatever other garbage i cant think of
    Last edited by lilnapsak; 11-11-2011, 06:34 PM.

Originally posted by lilnapsak View Post

shortly after i put on a 3" RC lift and some 31" bfg KMs, jcr stage 3 front bumper with hoop. hidden hitch, and some lights. and did alot of wheeling and epic scenery adventuring

is that at "the pit" or whatever they call that big open place? looks like too much water though maybe
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

Comment

For some reason all I thought of with the title is Wolfgang Puck. Nice looking Jeep. Gotta ask about the horns though, any reason?
      I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
        is that at "the pit" or whatever they call that big open place? looks like too much water though maybe
        not 100% sure.. my friends and i have always called this place "bone hill" reason behind that has something to do with its location. thats not even 1/4 of the water in this spot. its HUGE

Originally posted by ninetysix-ex-jay View Post
        For some reason all I thought of with the title is Wolfgang Puck. Nice looking Jeep. Gotta ask about the horns though, any reason?
        thanks. i told my mom i was going to put bullhorns on my first car after seeing it in a bugs bunny cartoon or something similar when i was like 6 or 7. little did she think id actually follow through

Comment

Originally posted by lilnapsak View Post
          thanks. i told my mom i was going to put bullhorns on my first car after seeing it in a bugs bunny cartoon or something similar when i was like 6 or 7. little did she think id actually follow through
          My dad gave me a Mack bulldog hood ornament when I was a little kid, and I wanted to put it on my first car.

Instead it sits in the cupholder, I don't want it stolen

Edit: I have to ask why there's an Ocean Spray cranberry juice sticker on your phone
          2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
          MK2 Jetta > M3
          Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by SwampAss View Post
            My dad gave me a Mack bulldog hood ornament when I was a little kid, and I wanted to put it on my first car.

Instead it sits in the cupholder, I don't want it stolen

Edit: I have to ask why there's an Ocean Spray cranberry juice sticker on your phone
            my buddy worked there and was given mass amounts of them because the color they were printed was a little off. we stuck them on everything within a 5 mile radius of my house

im honestly suprised the horns have never been stolen, they are only held on by some tube clamps (dont even think about it.. i WILL hunt you down, retrieve horns & add your skull to the front of my jeep )

Comment

If you squint really hard....you can almost.....almost.....
              I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

mmm taco bell
                I drive a Datsun

Comment

got started on the hoops. nothings burned in yet

Comment

got bored today so i tore out the speakers out of my doors and routed the wiring to another soundbar

and got sick of these fire extingushers rolling around on my floor so i made a quick release fire extingisher mount

mounted it to where the front seats bolt up, going to make another on the driver side.

ordered these

those will get custom tube flares sooner or later

and these in 14" travel for the rear

Comment

how are you planning on fitting 14" shocks?

Comment

Originally posted by crosbike View Post
                        how are you planning on fitting 14" shocks?
                        through the floor.

Comment

Im digging the headliner! Are yo planning on upgrading from the 4.10s?
                          98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

Im doing the same rear shock setup except with just some plain jane monotube shocks for now. Im going to use 2 flanges though so that I can remove the center brace if i decide to sleep in the back during a trip to RC or somthing.
                            98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

Originally posted by netrachamp1853 View Post
                              Im digging the headliner! Are yo planning on upgrading from the 4.10s?

Im doing the same rear shock setup except with just some plain jane monotube shocks for now. Im going to use 2 flanges though so that I can remove the center brace if i decide to sleep in the back during a trip to RC or somthing.
                              thanks. not unless i blow a ring and pinion or need to get the front rebuilt again before i throw a detroit in the rear.

i dont bother sleeping in the back of my jeep anymore. i usualy just sleep in the dirt when im out camping

Comment

Working...
                              X