White trash beautiful

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
    Not saying it doesn't work, rock crawling trucks don't nessarily hit concrete at 200 mph.

Either way it doesn't really matter, it's not like you're gonna die
    Originally posted by justtorchit View Post
    U miss read what I said.... I said its a strong node. Im not arguing if its the strongest.

Not a debate.... we r not doing 200 into a concrete barrier. There is absolutely nothing wrong the way it is constructed..... not to mention on a stock car its alot easier to fit a main hoop through the door than it is to fit a piece that's 15 feet long through the windshield..... let's not compare apples and oranges. Its strong. It works. It looks a he'll of a lot better

So my point.... step back from urself and remember what we r talking about

my dick ain't as big as Ron Jeremy's, but its more than i "need" and gets the job done quite well
    That cage is not to nascar spec, but its more than they "need" and will get the shit beat outa it without an issue.
    i agreed with you, lol. for the most part. I love the jimmy's chassis', you'll see that influence in some of the tubework on my own truck.

Done hijacking dizzy's thread though....
    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

3:30 still working on it. want it at oer
      Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

tim welded the diff yesterday and a bunch of wiring done put a truss on too its getting there started it i got a video i'll put on real soon
        Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

http://youtu.be/bdUzcn2CVZQ

gauges arent hooked up only had a tid bit of fuel in it sucking out of a dixie cup hence it just shutting off.
          Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

niceeeee

gonna be ready for this weekend's race???
            No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by JeepBabiiXJ View Post
              niceeeee

gonna be ready for this weekend's race???
              nah black bird for this weekend
              Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

think i saw this last week when i dropped my axle off. pretty tits

Comment

Sooooo, whats the plan for this little guy these days?
                  Molten Motorsports - #4343/4443

Comment

last i knew it was getting the 2.3liter seeing how its original heart is now in the black bird. and line mtn next year.
                    Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

I think with a smaller turbo it could really do some damage up there. With that suspension and the nature of Line Mt. you don't need all that top end power so a T3/T4 hybrid would make the right power down low and still give it the mid to top end it needs to take down anybody in 4 cylinder and the majority of the field.

Just my .02 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Dizzaster View Post
                        I think with a smaller turbo it could really do some damage up there. With that suspension and the nature of Line Mt. you don't need all that top end power so a T3/T4 hybrid would make the right power down low and still give it the mid to top end it needs to take down anybody in 4 cylinder and the majority of the field.

Just my .02 cents.
                        Running lower psi for the multiplicative overall boost? Say, 5-6psi per turbo? It'll net you 25-30 final but still be low enough to spool early.
                        2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                        MK2 Jetta > M3
                        Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by SwampAss View Post
                          Running lower psi for the multiplicative overall boost? Say, 5-6psi per turbo? It'll net you 25-30 final but still be low enough to spool early.
                          I am saying run a single smaller turbo and scrap the HX35. The motor starts to build power and boost at 3000+ RPMs. That motor runs like crazy up high but once you have the RPM's just a bit too low you run out of steam quickly. A higher torque converter can help keep you in the power band but I feel like that is a band-aid.

Smaller turbo would start building usable boost/power at say 1200-1500 depending on what you choose. Then you would have a more usable power band for the tight woods racing that this thing is built for.

Comment

Originally posted by Dizzaster View Post
                            I am saying run a single smaller turbo and scrap the HX35. The motor starts to build power and boost at 3000+ RPMs. That motor runs like crazy up high but once you have the RPM's just a bit too low you run out of steam quickly. A higher torque converter can help keep you in the power band but I feel like that is a band-aid.

Smaller turbo would start building usable boost/power at say 1200-1500 depending on what you choose. Then you would have a more usable power band for the tight woods racing this thing is built for.
                            I see what you mean, I misunderstood the twin setup. Good point.
                            2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                            MK2 Jetta > M3
                            Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

For sale.

PM or email for more details. tim@liquidironindustries.com

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showt...0#post14095710
                              Last edited by Timmay; 03-05-2012, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X