ZJ Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZJ Project

Got this zj from my father,he was gonna junk it.Thought it would be a good wheelin rig and project to build with my kids.

1994 Grand Cherokee 5.2
    Plans for it are:
    7 inch iro front and rear long arms
    231 t-case swap w/sye
    HP dana 30 front
    8.8 rear
    4.56 gear w/rear detroit locker
    custom sliders,bumpers,skids and possibly cage

My son and daughter both help strip the interior.

Comment

Then we stripped the exterior,sanded it and then painted it. (john deere blitz black)

Comment

Got the HP30 and made the truss from 5/16 plate.

Comment

The iro long arms installed.

Comment

Comment

That thing looks awesome. Hope you put those plush seats back in so you can wheel in style I love those IRO arms. Who makes that front track bar?
              Jeeps don't get stuck ... they just take a nap when they are tired of being awesome
              93 2DR XJ 8" lift D30/D44 4.56's 35" MTRs IRO Y-link Build:http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9658
              Eric

Comment

that how you do it rust free!! looks awesome bedlining interior? what tires are you going with? and size?
                -jake........sorry for any of my spelling fails i was droped on my head when i was little.

Quote Phill: Do you drink lots of coffee? I drink it once in a while and I get varying effects. Some days it doesn't bother me but others my heart races like a greyhound from the Vet after the owners realize that it cant race anymore and needs to die. Fuck that, find me some owner with big tits and I'll be cute and slow the rest of my life.

Comment

Thanks,its the iro track bar, may be able to get a deal on the line x beadliner coating through my work so i'll prob go with that,got some 35 in mt/r's with 15 x8 eaton beadlocks.

Comment

This has a great start! I just aquired a 95 ZJ with a 5.2 That lived in Arizona for a while and is pretty rust free. Once I build up some more money the buildup with take place over the winter in time for spring and replace my XJ.
                    98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

if you'd like free spare glass, like side windows on rear door, hatch, windshield, side of hatch let me know. you make the drive and pull it off and its free none is cracked, rear windows are tinted
                      up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
                      eliminator MJ - Sold
                      99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
                      Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

Nice project, let me know how you like the IRO long arms. I'm always lookin at their Wj stuff because it is cheaper than most, but i've heard its quality.
                        P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                        2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                        OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Did you trim the rear fender flares?

Comment

Trimmed the fronts all the way off and the rears i left about 1/4 in by the door and removed about 2 in on top,tack welded the top of the rears to close up the gap,then filled with expanding foam on the inside to seal it up.

Comment

The rear suspension in,still have to trim off the old brackets,and cut the rusty rocker out to make room for the sliders.

Comment

Working...
                              X