2000 TJ build thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 TJ build thread

I sold my Jetta and bought the Jeep 12/14/08 with 114k miles on it. The motor had been

replaced under warranty at around 90k, so the 6 banger is fresh.

Came with a 2.5" Rancho lift and 32 BFG ATs

The day I bought it

Front bumper build

Rear bumper build

Booger welds

1" motor mount lift and 1" body lift

33 BFG Mud Terrains on black steelies

LED tail lights

Lined the tub with Monstaliner

AA Slip Yoke Eliminator and new driveshaft

Undercover Fab tummy tuck skid plate. (gained over 2" of belly clearance)

Had to modify my tcase shifter linkage and dent the tub to clear

Currie short arms

Gas tank skid was shot.

Rokmen skid (gained 1.5" clearance)

more to come
    2000 TJ

Clean build

Comment

Thanks

Future plans: HP30 w/ alloys, regear to 4.88, ARBs, 35 MTRs, outboarded rear bilsteins, complete frame detail, etc...
      2000 TJ

Comment

Nice build, did you have any exhaust clearence issues with the tummy tuck?

Comment

Originally posted by Schickos881 View Post
          I'm not running the stock system anymore. Stock downpipe > cat > super 44 flowmaster, up over the rear end and dumps. But you can run a stock system with the UCF skid plate. Just need to adjust the hanger by the T case. I also have their lo profile tranny mount I need to swap in to help with the driveshaft angle.

I'll post some more pics when I have more updates.
          2000 TJ

Comment

Originally posted by Schickos881 View Post
            can't wait to see it done, this thing is pretty mint!

Comment

nice clean jeep dude

get some rocker protection on that thing!
              "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Thanks man. I'm waiting to finish a bunch of stuff then I'll post some more updates.

I have rockers my buddy made. Dave from 137 Fab out of Middletown. They have a mini boat side bent into the bottom. Pretty slick

More to come...
                2000 TJ

Comment

Lookin good!
                  06 Wrangler TJ 6 Speed 4" Rough Country Lift on BF Goodrich 33's.

Comment

Some updates:

I drilled a 1" drain hole in the bottom of each frame rail and made mini fish plates to prevent them from cracking.

Then welded a nut offset on the end of a rod, stuck it inside the frame and hooked the other side to a drill. It banged around like crazy and knocked a bunch of rust loose (My Dad's idea). I also used a needle scaler on the outside.

Then I pressure washed the inside down and pulled over a gallon of rust scales out of the frame.

After it was all cleaned out I shot 3 cans of Eastwood's internal frame coating in the frame rails. Coverage was great.

Then I wire wheeled the whole frame down and hit it with 2 coats of Chassis Saver satin black.

New parts:

35 MTRs on Black Classic II, Currie front trackbar, Antirock, YJ front brake lines, Currie bumpstops, Bilstein front shocks, BDS 3" coils, Undercover Fab low profile tcase mount.

Driveway wheeling

I still need to do a complete alignment on the front (control arms, trackbar, steering etc) and add another exhaust hanger.
                    2000 TJ

Comment

HOly smokes... that is a clean TJ!
                      2013 F150 fx4 (Tow Pig/DD)
                      • 5.0 with the 3.73 option

2003 TJ Rubicon
                      • 4.0/42rle/np241or
                      • 5.13's
                      • 3" Savvy/Currie suspension with acos
                      • 33” BFG KO2s

Comment

Originally posted by SupermanIce-J View Post
                        HOly smokes... that is a clean TJ!
                        you're damn right about that! If I were to build one this is how it would be done!

Tim have you thought about flipping the tierod on the DS with a goforit incert?
                        http://search.yahoo.com/r/_ylt=A0oG7....com/index.htm
                        Last edited by clean4drxj; 06-27-2011, 08:43 AM.

Comment

good look on the frame man.

My 97 frame disintegrated..... i hear common for the 97;s

I will be doing this to my new frame
                          "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Thanks she's getting there...

I have a HP30 I'm building so I don't want to waste time on this axle.

I'm leaning towards a Currie steering setup with a flipped tierod. It's pricey, but I drive the Jeep a lot. I take it to Cape Cod and Vermont. I wanted to build something that my girlfriend (or anyone) could just hop in and drive.
                            2000 TJ

Comment

I run bandit 1ton setup on mine and all the tre's you can get at the parts stores and it's beefy!

Comment

Working...
                              X