No announcement yet.

Project "Family Hauler" 2001 xj

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

not to much updating lately been saving towards a house, a driver of a 26ft box truck decided my jeep needed some bodywork though

of course its my word against the driver who went back to his company and then started to deny it so I must fight with insurance now to get my money.. always a hassle.
    up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
    eliminator MJ - Sold
    99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
    Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

After over a month of arguing with the company they finally cut me a check for $1000, better than nothing i guess. Scored a header panel with less damage, hood and passenger fender/marker light for $30 white in color. Painted them green myself, a shade off from factory paint but doesnt look to bad.

This week I spent some more money on it.. Set of 4 new 255/70-15 general grabber at2 tires. New rear leaf springs, u-bolts, shackles, new bolts, new rear shocks and a brake line. had to order a special tap since the frame side nut decided to loose a few threads when the bolt came out.

both of these pics are before the leaf springs were put in

up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
      eliminator MJ - Sold

Comment

Lookin good! Wish my wife missed my old xj! Id rebuild it just like this. Instead i will continue to drive my WK. Finally putting some money in to that. Cant wait to see this xj all done. Looks like you had a great platform to rebuild from and not a rot box!
        Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

i cant believe this jeep is still alive..... so glad you gave her a second life
          -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
          -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
          -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
          -57 GMC Pickup
          -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

Originally posted by CntStpTheStnk06 View Post
            i cant believe this jeep is still alive..... so glad you gave her a second life
            it will take an act of god to kill this thing

here is a shot of it riding on new springs, shackles, shocks, and ended up doing rear axle brake lines, wheel cylinder and shoe's while i was there.

here it is with the new leafs. I think the rear of my jeep went up about 6" haha it was so saggy before, basically riding on bump stops. right now the rear is 1.5" taller than the front, thats with about 150lbs of stuff in the hatch area...

this spring the plan is get around to mounting the front bumper i bought from Sam, cut out the rockers for box steel, reinforce the frame rails, different tail lights , roof rack and some additional lights around the jeep.
            Last edited by 1cleantj; 02-19-2014, 10:33 AM.
            eliminator MJ - Sold

Comment

Step 1 of my spring plans complete. weld some new mounts on to Sam's old bumper and put it on my jeep. Just need to do some final welding / grinding and prep to repaint.

eliminator MJ - Sold

Comment

tried some angry eyes, got to adjust them a little...

eliminator MJ - Sold

Comment

He'll ya you gotta come wheel that thing! I miss her
                  -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
                  -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
                  -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
                  -57 GMC Pickup
                  -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

I'll wheel harder stuff when its ready. Got alot of plans just need more time to work on them
                    eliminator MJ - Sold

Comment

picked up a camper

eliminator MJ - Sold

Comment

wired in 7 blade rv plug and a reese brake controller today

also picked up enough tubing to start working on roof rack
                        eliminator MJ - Sold

Comment

Working...
                        X