No announcement yet.

The Karma Bucket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still like the OX locker?? nice to see you posting again. we should go wheeling before i leave, call me if there's a mil jeepers runs i'll be there.
    P.S. i leave feb 5th
    1991 YJ, 1 tons, locked, lots o armor, stretched, cage

Comment

Yes I love the OX

The 4.88s and 33"s bring my jeep practically right back to stock driving, speedo, and shift points. No complaints here.... Now if I could just find a cheap D44 out of a rubi!
      Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
      My "Bucket" Build
      MilitaryJeepers.com
      ‚——P--;===±--= <-
      !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

There's a d44 in a jeep at evb that's burnt up. One of the guys there is trying to sell the whole thing
        1991 YJ, 1 tons, locked, lots o armor, stretched, cage

Comment

Originally posted by bucketokarma View Post
          Yes I love the OX

The 4.88s and 33"s bring my jeep practically right back to stock driving, speedo, and shift points. No complaints here.... Now if I could just find a cheap D44 out of a rubi!
          We have one comin out of a truck thats gettin a 60.

its either 4.56's or 4.88's with the stock rubi electronic locker, its also set up for our double triangulated rear arms. i don't know if the customer has a buyer lined up yet, or even what he is asking for it, but if you want me to find out i will.
          No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
          Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

Originally posted by Jeepbonehead View Post
            There's a d44 in a jeep at evb that's burnt up. One of the guys there is trying to sell the whole thing
            Its probably got wooden axleshafts, so be careful.
            "Watching you work on your Jeep is like watching a doctor operate on a cadaver...
            It may be good practice, but in the end it won't do much good." -My Mother.

Comment

A few months ago I noticed the "ping" in my front end getting more frequent. Took a look at the front LCA mounts and saw this on the driver side:

So I took it to Clayton...

This is what came off:

... and these went on:

Shane "The Bag" Carlson

My "Bucket" Build
              MilitaryJeepers.com
              ‚——P--;===±--= <-
              !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

Noice, Im thinking about building a set of those.
                -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Something is also wrong with my locker, it doesn't seem to be engaging anymore. Anyone on here know about adjusting an OX? If not I'll see what I can learn from Chip at OX.
                  Shane "The Bag" Carlson

My "Bucket" Build
                  MilitaryJeepers.com
                  ‚——P--;===±--= <-
                  !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

I know theres a cable adjustment but I really haven't play with one in a while..

Comment

Had an exhaust note coming from under the hood while under load, put in the banks torque tubes in. It sounds great now (nice and quiet). I have noticed that I have lost some loss of low-end power, but I am shifting at slightly lower rpm and downshifting a little bit less going up hills and am able to maintain highway speeds a little better.
                      Shane "The Bag" Carlson

My "Bucket" Build
                      MilitaryJeepers.com
                      ‚——P--;===±--= <-
                      !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

FUCK THIS

FUCK THIS JEEP!!!

Electrical gremlins.... again!

I have been having a start/no-start issue ever since I got the jeep. It happened at random and through the years I have put in new alt, batt, cables, cleaned the grounds, and cleaned the terminals. Each time I cleaned or replaced something, it worked again for a while, and then THE SAME FUCKING PROBLEM, each and every time!

This time it seems different. The symptoms are the same.
                        Get in

Turn key to acc: everything works

Turn key to start: sometimes get a *click*, sometimes lose EVERYTHING, as
                        though the battery has just been disconnected completely.

Turn key again: nothing

Get out, check stuff, wiggle wires: 50% works/didn't do shit

If still not working: jump start/replace something = everything is fine for the next couple months.

This time everything went down the same way, but it seems compounded by low idle at first till it warms up, then it runs fine. However after a few minutes of either driving or idling, my voltmeter just climbs to the high end limit (19+) and sits there, even after you turn it off. Once it's off, you have to jump it again in order to get it to start. Pop-starts from my driveway don't work anymore (not enough power for ignition yet?). Battery is good (tested, holds a charge, and been changed with other batteries). Alternator tested poorly in the jeep, but fine when it was removed (unfortunately, I dropped it and broke it as soon as testing was over, bought brand new alt). installed new alternator, same goddamn problem. Cleaned all connections and grounds, still nothing. Jump it with throttle and it's up and running again, but will not start. Sometimes the voltmeter will not go down till after you try to restart it after (and of course, that will fail)....

Years after dealing with this start/no-start problem for the first time, I am now out of ideas.
                        Shane "The Bag" Carlson

My "Bucket" Build
                        MilitaryJeepers.com
                        ‚——P--;===±--= <-
                        !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

honestly, this has something to do with your connections from the battery to the starter or alternator. i know you said youve checked everything out and whatnot, im not saying you didnt, but you just might want to really get into those wires. where did you get the alternator? i went through two of them brand new before i got one that worked. they were ac delco ones also which ive rarely had problems with. this is exactly what i was dealing with when i first got my xj. i honestly thought i was going to have to eat the 500 i spent on it because it was an electrical nightmare. but it turned out it was just bad battery cables. i also had much better luck with it when i bypassed my nss. might want to look into that just to see what it does. good luck, these things can be a pain in the balls.
                          Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

The ox lockers are really easy to adjust, mine was fine for 6 months then went out of adjustment. I just disassembled the shift knob in the cab jacked the rear tires off the ground and make minor adjustments till both tires spin together. Best of luck. Nice build BTW.

Comment

sounds like it could be something really simple shane. I would definitely check the battery grounds and even connections on the starter

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

my father had a similar issue with the cummins and it ended up being that the starter was coming apart, we change the batteries, tested the cables everything cameout good but it started like it the batteries were dead.

Comment

Working...
                                X