Project Mighty White

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
    Those axles look like fucking hell. Fuck PB, get that goddamn wire wheel out.
    x2. and kill it with fire.

Comment

the wire wheel was spinning all afternoon. They are actually cleaning up quite nicely. Next step is removing the spindles/shafts and replacing the ball joints.
      99 xj, 3" RC, 35" BFG AT red labels, custom rear bumper, SYE, armor, Hellas, waggy 44's fr+rr, 5.13's ,lunchbox lockers fr+rr, rear disk conversion,rock crusher covers frt+rr, beefy homemade 1 ton highsteer setup

Comment

All they need is a little TLC. Good luck with the swap. I might pick up an axle and do the same thing.
        DONT GET MAD GET ROWDY !!!

Comment

Flap disc, nuff said
          dirty30

Comment

got the axles pretty well stripped today. Just need to grind off a few more brackets, pull the carriers, and redo the ball joints. Mike found me a sweet deal on a brand new Detroit EZ locker so i bought that tonight for $195 shipped to my door. ill update the thread tomorrow with some pics.
            99 xj, 3" RC, 35" BFG AT red labels, custom rear bumper, SYE, armor, Hellas, waggy 44's fr+rr, 5.13's ,lunchbox lockers fr+rr, rear disk conversion,rock crusher covers frt+rr, beefy homemade 1 ton highsteer setup

Comment

Sounds sick man
              Good luck.
              Hench

ATM anyone?

Comment

Today was a pretty good day, i got alot of stuff done and really dont have much left to do but buy parts and start throwing them on. It took no more than 15 minutes to remove the knuckles and press out the ball joints. i was expecting to have a very hard time based on the way they looked.
                -ground off most of the brackets
                -removed front carrier
                -pulled knuckles and removed ball joints
                -spun the wire wheel for a little while

Comment

got the front locker yesterday, ordered the 5.13 gears, install kits, and warn premium manual hubs today.

Comment

you and your goddamn awesome tax return

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
                      you and your goddamn awesome tax return
                      Yes i forgot to add for everyone else i checked my bank account yesterday, and there was a deposit of $1766 from the US treasury Dept. giving me the ok to go ahead with this build.

Comment

- Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                        or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                        Originally posted by DizzDizz
                        aliens probed my husband

Comment

props to me for finding and and buying the wicked cheap locker for his front 44

Comment

I now have the following for parts-
                            -U bolts
                            -shock tabs
                            -gears
                            -install kits
                            -warn locking hubs (wrong ones)
                            -rear disk setup
                            -front brake parts
                            -front locker
                            -ball joints
                            -hi steer pass side arm and knuckle

Just need to order front brackets, return the hubs for the correct ones, and order my parts for the one ton hi steer setup.

Comment

what are you doing about lift? sticking with 3" and 35's or adding some height?
                              I drive a Datsun

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                                what are you doing about lift? sticking with 3" and 35's or adding some height?
                                i dont even know how much lift i have anymore but i dont really care. Im just going to find some tires and throw them on with the new axles and run that shit as is.

Comment

Working...
                                X