No announcement yet.

36"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what sites? keep in mind these sites probably do not exist in the northeast and driving conditions here can vary vastly from anywhere else in the world.. one thing I am learning on my trip is the differences in road compounds and the way they are built.. same does go for wheeling. these differences aren't huge, but it is a consideration to be able to see the differences.

Comment

my dad was like "look into tsl's" i showed a pic of some of their tires and he told me to ignore what he said
      God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
        swampers are not good on the street for wear or noise. hell in some cases balancing
        1/2 disagree with you. Wear, and noise; my 36's were quieter and lasted longer then my 33's.. the molds are different and therefore actually produce different tires.. I also do believe I would rate my 36's only 80% as effective as my 33's, due to the different moldings nd lug spacings.

edit; I missed the balancing part.. they ARE super tough to balance/keep balanced.. interco rarely makes a round tire..
        also, some people are very noise sensitive.. I've been going cross country with my TSL's and I don't much mind the noise.. it can get alot louder if you have removed your carpets but with windows up and carpets in, it's not terrible..
        Last edited by Clause; 07-23-2009, 09:33 PM.

Comment

i don't like the tsl's because with the other set i had( i already got yelled at for them) were loud and since they were on a small rim were loud and shook like hell around 25 mph

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Originally posted by Hawky Clause View Post
            1/2 disagree with you. Wear, and noise; my 36's were quieter and lasted longer then my 33's.. the molds are different and therefore actually produce different tires.. I also do believe I would rate my 36's only 80% as effective as my 33's, due to the different moldings nd lug spacings.

edit; I missed the balancing part.. they ARE super tough to balance/keep balanced.. interco rarely makes a round tire..
            also, some people are very noise sensitive.. I've been going cross country with my TSL's and I don't much mind the noise.. it can get alot louder if you have removed your carpets but with windows up and carpets in, it's not terrible..
            well really youre comparing a swamper vs another swamper there...hes shopping for radial muds which IMO are in a whole nother class as far as wear goes, and noise in some/normal cases.
            - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
            or am asians pants not a read end lol.
            Originally posted by DizzDizz
            aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by gobigorgohome View Post
              i don't like the tsl's because with the other set i had( i already got yelled at for them) were loud and since they were on a small rim were loud and shook like hell around 25 mph
              Maybe the shaking wasn't your tires.

Odds are... it wasn't.
              99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread
              http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148

Comment

it was, i put my allterains back on and it went away

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

it was, i put my allterains back on and it went away
                  smaller all terrian tires = probably masking/covering up another problem
                  99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread

Comment

i think since it was on a rim too narrow for them, that was the probablem, didn't like the howl they gave anyway

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

didn't like the howl they gave anyway
                      yar not gonna like mud terrians...
                      99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread

Comment

who knows, maybe it's different in the driver's seat

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

who knows, maybe it's different in the driver's seat
                          99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread

Comment

he was the passenger when daddy was driving... but yeah.. if you don't like noise, stay the fuck away from a MT.

a smaller rim will not make more or less noise.. put the right amount of air in them and they will be fine, also will not make wobble.. the tire is simply out of balance. OR you have a different problem that is being exxagerated by an out of balance tire...

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                            well really youre comparing a swamper vs another swamper there...hes shopping for radial muds which IMO are in a whole nother class as far as wear goes, and noise in some/normal cases.
                            right on.. but they do make radial swampers.

i think since it was on a rim too narrow for them, that was the probablem, didn't like the howl they gave anyway
                            again, noise will not be generated by rim size, and I think you might want to reconsider to getting an all terrain since dad doesn't like to hear your loud tires.. (my father was the same way, wouldn't ride in the thing cause it was loud on the 33's, but I don't have to listen to him)

Comment

If you want a good street tire run a small all terrain and then a mud terrain for when you wheel
                              I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

my dad never drove my jeep i always rode with my bro

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Working...
                                X