I NEED a Sye and a cv driveshaft for my Yj

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I NEED a Sye and a cv driveshaft for my Yj

Like the title says i need a Sye and a Cv because im going spring over axle and its almost summer time so im getting out of school so im going to be doing lots of work on my jeep so if you have a Sye or a place to get a cheap one pm and also if i can pull a Cv driveshaft out of something else from like a junk yard let me know im sure you all know more tricks of the trade than me Thanks
    95 Yj 4.0, Flowmaster 40 series exhaust, Blue Hids and Yellow Fog Lights, K&N air filter, 2" Boomarang shackles, and sway bar and track bar removal.

joker has a np231 tcase with a sye done to it hes trying to sell.
    1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
    2001 wj tbd
    1974 5 ton

Comment

SOA is a VERY INVOLVED project... make sure you research ALOT before taking something like that on.
      Originally posted by Fast Orange
      if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
      Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
      I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

Thats why im waiting till summer where i can park the jeep behind the house and do work everyday
        95 Yj 4.0, Flowmaster 40 series exhaust, Blue Hids and Yellow Fog Lights, K&N air filter, 2" Boomarang shackles, and sway bar and track bar removal.

Comment

I just need the Sye and Cv shaft first to start it off

Comment

Look on CL there's a few sets for sale already setup for SOA...with some gerz a lul paint u be stylin mang!
            https://sisoffroad.com/forums/core/i...smilies/us.gif 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 https://sisoffroad.com/forums/core/i...smilies/us.gif
            https://sisoffroad.com/forums/core/i...smilies/us.gif 2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport https://sisoffroad.com/forums/core/i...smilies/us.gif
            94,95,97 ZJ~SOLD 97,97 TJ~SOLD 00' F350~SOLD

Comment

Well FYI, with a SOA you can easily fit 35's, I would put 37-38's on with that much lift... If your gonna rock tires that big, your gonna blow up your axles, so you're going to have to upgrade those too. You'll most likely have to gear those axles, and if you're running that serious of a rig lockers will be in order too. Then think about setting up the brakes, doing a traction bar, upgrading the steering and all sorts of other jazz that I don't feel like typing. If you're not planning on doing axle swaps at the same time, I would just upgrade the stock suspension with a small lift (maybe 2.5") do a 1" body lift, trim the fenders slightly and run 33's. Maybe an aussie or lockrite locker in the rear. You're talking about ALOT of coin to drop into your jeep all at once to do the SOA properly. Stay conservative at first and get out on the trails, you're new to wheeling and learning on a smaller jeep is a good way to start.
              if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
              I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

K Well as soon as a put a 2" lift with shackles my U joint Blew Up so i want a Sye and Cv for that reason along with i might be doing another 2 " add a leaf and a 1 " body so id get same lift without going soa the shaft angle will be to great and ill keep blowing Ujoints so i want a sye and cv for atleast that reason if you think that is wise

Comment

Yeah for sure... just some unsolicited advice, thats all. Shackle lifts change your pinion angle, which may have had something to do with the u joint failure, but its still a good idea to do the sye. And x2 on hawk's case, you should just grab that cause its done already.

Comment

How can i change my pinion angle i understand now i just ran it threw my head and got it lol i was very confused but the idea is there now

Comment

I would prob have to take axle out cut off axle mounts shift them back an inch then re weld them on huh?

Comment

call me tomorrow and i'll help you with some ideas, 203-247-7537 - Mike
                        Last edited by Ruecifur; 05-06-2009, 11:34 PM. Reason: grammer nazi

Comment

Specific time?

Comment

3ish

Comment

K cool

Comment

Working...
                              X