01 black stock loaded XJ, performance 4.0 $4,500

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 01 black stock loaded XJ, performance 4.0 $4,500

Posting from my phone so here's a link to the 4.0 build thread.

http://naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1087751

$4,500. Jeep has new radiator, alt, hoses, fan, other small parts. Just needs someone to pay for it and drive it around.

Wow. Almost 24 hours and no low ball posts. That has to be some kind of record.

http://hartford.craigslist.org/cto/3945742571.html

The jeep really is pretty nice, interior is in nice shape, no rot, new rear brake line as I blew it out last night in the driveway. Really woul be a good start for a project or put all the shit you have on your old XJ now onto this one, you can really feel the stronger 4.0
    Last edited by sardo_67; 07-20-2013, 12:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sardo_67 View Post
      Wow. Almost 24 hours and no posts.
      fixed
      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
      Originally posted by DizzDizz
      aliens probed my husband

Comment

4500 for an xj with 271xxx bahahahahahahahah you dont belong on this forum im sorry
        2000 xj 4.5 clayton longarms with wontons with a touch of
        97' zj
        2012 surbra imperza DD
        im a motivation machine like the hammer and sickle in communism

Comment

I put it into my jeep buying calculator and it came out with a reasonable offer of $1950.

Comment

Originally posted by hoggie101 View Post
            4500 for an xj with 271xxx bahahahahahahahah you dont belong on this forum im sorry
            So are you retarded or just not able to read?

238,xxx actually. I just registered it today, I suggest you look at the first page or two of that NAXJA link and you'll soon see that it will cost you $3,500+ to get a 4.0 like that built by a reputable shop. The key word there is reputable shop.

Comment

Originally posted by cherokee-at-16 View Post
              I put it into my jeep buying calculator and it came out with a reasonable offer of $1950.
              This isn't meant to be ball busting but did you add in the new 4.0 and what not?
              There is about $1900 in parts just under the hood at dealer pricing.

This is my brothers horrible idea of a project. $1,000 jeep with a blown head gasket and cracked head. Puts in a 4.0 worth 3,500 and other new shit as well.
              I drove this around a little and it defiantly has some ass to it.

Comment

For $3500 why didn't you stroke it, or turbo it, or supercharge it? also does it have the stock transmission at 238xxx?

Comment

I dislike how you use this forum just to post to try amd sell your shit
                  2000 xj 4.5 clayton longarms with wontons with a touch of
                  97' zj
                  2012 surbra imperza DD
                  im a motivation machine like the hammer and sickle in communism

Comment

Looks like a piece to me trade for harbor freight gift card I think there is like 57$ on it?
                    -98 XJ 4.5" lift , 35's, trimmed, locked, geared, flexy
                    -14 Subaru STI hatch Stage 2ish
                    -54 Dodge Power wagon M-37
                    -57 GMC Pickup
                    -Tim (OIIIIIO)

Comment

Originally posted by cherokee-at-16 View Post
                      For $3500 why didn't you stroke it, or turbo it, or supercharge it? also does it have the stock transmission at 238xxx?
                      Because that would be cool and make sense. My brother is special and has OCD when it comes to the things he builds. He was originally just going to do the head on it but I guess the short block seemed too lose and not enough ring tension so he decided to rebuild the entire motor because his standards are beyond high. Meanwhile this has been sitting in the yard for about 4 months now about 95% complete and in good shape while his daily 96 XJ is rotting apart.

Tranny is stock but will be getting a new filter and flush this week. I also have a programmer that ill use to tweak the shifting a little.

I posted this on here to give the real XJ crowd a shot at it rather than some random person off CL that doesn't really know anything. You know hook someone up who's in the local area and because I'd like to be able to follow the jeeps progress and what not with the new owner.
                      I know, this isn't the place to sell quality stuff and everyone expects me to sell things at broke crack head in need of a few hits pricing. So ya my bad.

I do wonder why no one ever mods the 4.0s for more HPs that's not just a bolt on. Seems everyone just wants $150 junkyard motors.
                      Last edited by sardo_67; 07-20-2013, 04:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by sardo_67 View Post
                        I know, this isn't the place to sell quality stuff and everyone expects me to sell things at broke crack head in need of a few hits pricing. So ya my bad.
                        i get that youre a ball buster

but maybe you'd have better luck selling goods if you weren't trying to insult people while doing it

just an idea

the rest of the forums here have plenty of room for ball busting. stuff sells on here all the time.
                        - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                        or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                        Originally posted by DizzDizz
                        aliens probed my husband

Comment

Just kinda insulting the tire kickers or ones who have no intentions of buying it in the first place.

However if someone who was seriously interested or asked pertinent questions would get my attention and polite knowledge filled answers.

Comment

not to be a dick also, but better pic's would probably help too, i mean the pic's on CL has lights missing, looks like paint needs some work, hoods popped open , angle of the pic looks like driver side rear hatch window isnt tinted ? rear springs are sagged

Quality photos help alot when trying to sell a vehicle for a good price
                            up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
                            eliminator MJ - Sold
                            99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
                            Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

Ya I know the pics suck and when I get a chance to get on my comp ill do a much more detailed listing, this is mostly just to get it out there so people know about it.

To be honest the jeep really is shitty, that $1900 offer would be spot on if it was stock and had no work done at all. This is a jeep that's going to be a project or bought just for the built motor. Then a cheap 4.0 thrown back in just to sell it for like $1,200 on CL.

After I do a little more research on how to get the auto to stay in 4th this will be going to the dyno and ill post up the numbers. I'm guessing it should be at least 160 at the rear wheels. My bros bagged out 96 with 180k on it at the time made 135 at the rear wheels a few years ago. This will be my DD all next week so the bugs are going to get worked out.

Comment

Working...
                              X