No announcement yet.

Hard drive failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It works, theoretically, because whatever connection that may have broken may get reconnected well enough with the compression of everything due to the temp.

I would give it a whack as well. But all I would do is toss it in an external usb enclosure and copy until it finished.
    2001 TJ
    2001 Tahoe
    2013 M3
    1986 R65
    1997 Blackbird
    2013 R1200GS

Comment

ok my adapter can read that as well
      "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

look up spinrite. its great software. it depends on how much ticking we're talking about. i guess its up to you, if you think you can afford recovery. then don't even turn it on again. i wouldn't turn it on using an usb adapter, the bottle neck is too great when time could be running out.

Comment

dang dude really sorry to hear that......

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfan10 View Post
            look up spinrite. its great software. it depends on how much ticking we're talking about. i guess its up to you, if you think you can afford recovery. then don't even turn it on again. i wouldn't turn it on using an usb adapter, the bottle neck is too great when time could be running out.
            bottle neck? usb 2.0 is 480mb/s, which is about 60MB/s. I would be pretty surprised if that drive can read faster than 60MB/s, in fact I would bet money it couldn't.

But hes right, if you want to pay I would leave it off.
            2001 TJ
            2001 Tahoe
            2013 M3
            1986 R65
            1997 Blackbird
            2013 R1200GS

Comment

any update Will?
              "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

i was out getting f'ed in the A by my car all day

the freezing of the old hard drive didnt do anything, but i guess thats as inconclusive as before.

i have to go to PAjeeps tomorrow in York, PA..monday i imagine i will deal with this, ill bump it up when i do
                - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                Originally posted by DizzDizz
                aliens probed my husband

Comment

We had that happen to a lap top and it was only a couple hundred to recover it.
                  Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

Working...
                  X