Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Nationals can only suck for so long...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mighty Quine View Post
    uh oh, nicks been watching PTI too much
    how dare you accuse me of plagiarism

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
      I understand where you're coming from, but I don't really feel like this is un-deserved hype. Some of the top analysts are claiming that there hasn't been any athlete that has shown this amount of dominance at such a young age since Tiger Woods, which isn't a term thrown around lightly.

Secondly, just because you don't become a "star" player, doesn't neccessarily make you a bust. I didn't intend to make it seem like I was guaranteeing him to be the next Griffey. Take a look at the #1 picks in the last 20 years. Most of the hitting prospects have had very successful MLB Careers.

90 - Chipper Jones (enough said)
      92 - Phil Nevin (he may not be Jeter, but he's still a solid MLB player)
      93 - A-Rod (enough said)
      95 - Darin Erstad (2 time all star, Silver Slugger in 00, 3 time Gold Glove)
      98 - Pat Burrell (solid player, averages around 26 homers a year)
      99 - Josh Hamilton (drug problem, came back and hit 32 homers in 08)
      00 - Adrian Gonzalez (considered one of the best first basemen in baseball)
      01 - Joe Mauer (enough said)
      03 - Delmon Young (powerful bat, and has a starting job on the Twins)
      05 - Justin Upton (just signed a 52 mil. deal for the D-Backs)
      08 - Tim Beckham (only 20, still one of the top prospects in the league)

I can say with confidence not a single one of those players, has faded into the Minor League system.

I said to remove pitchers from the equation, because that really isn't a comparison. Pitching prospects are a whole different can of worms when it comes to the ability to make it to the show.

Comment

Well with the amount of hype associated with this kid, becoming an average to "solid" major leaguer would be a disappointment, which is sort of a unfair expectation, he needs a few years in the minors though, if hes rushed to the show it will fawk him up, juco pitchers arent exactly roy halladay

Comment

take it to THE CAGE!
          I once had a 93 XJ, 4.5" o' lift, 33" TSL Super Swampers, 8.25 rear Detroit locked. 2,000 Lb Steering. Custom rockers, Sam's old Bumpah. Cherry Bomb BITCH. SOLD

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

update: stephen strasburg needs tommy john surgery, most likely will never return to his former self. Thats what happens when you rush players to the majors.

Comment

And the nationals get kicked in the nuts yet again
              1981 CJ8 - old & dumb
              1988 Cherokee Limited - The Real Cherokee
              2001 TJ Sport - DD

Comment

hah fail
                2 tj's
                3 yj's
                2 xj's
                i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                  update: stephen strasburg needs tommy john surgery, most likely will never return to his former self. Thats what happens when you rush players to the majors.
                  See, all the fucking Hype for nothing. Thanks, Even. Thanks.
                  sigpic
                  Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Working...
                  X