L4D Players

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vehicleless View Post
    but if you want to get everything for the game it is 75. I think thats dumb. I know valve releases lots of free stuff to people on PC but charges for the console stuff. thats because places like microsoft make them charge, so they update less but put more into the updates.

anyway l4d Kicks ass!!!
    Valve doesn't charge for console stuff, Microsoft charges people for the content.

Valve releases the stuff for free on PC because they can release it for free without a middleman. When dealing with Xbox, everything must go through a boardroom meeting on cost, servers etc before it is released on LIVE. Valve has the power to contest this stuff, but in the end, it's futile.

I remember there was a MASSIVE debacle over the Achievements in the Orange Box, where Valve proposed the idea of having 99 of them and Microsoft said 'Hell no' at first, but eventually through debates and compromise, Microsoft and Valve came to mutual terms and the game was released with all 99 achievements under the guise of 'Well, it is essentially 5 games on one CD'.

Microsoft charges money for everything because their servers cost money to run, but the fact that these maps are even $15 ON THE PC, you know something is awry.

You can argue this all day long, doesn't matter. I've purchased full games for less than $15, so why should someone pay that much for a few maps?
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

i would pay $5 a campaign
      I once had a 93 XJ, 4.5" o' lift, 33" TSL Super Swampers, 8.25 rear Detroit locked. 2,000 Lb Steering. Custom rockers, Sam's old Bumpah. Cherry Bomb BITCH. SOLD

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

Originally posted by Mighty Quine View Post
        i would pay $5 a campaign
        www.l4dmaps.com

Campaigns for Free.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Even View Post
          The Stimulus maps are marginal, but so far I'm a pretty big fan of the Resurgence pack.
          i just got this pack the other day and it also has 2 of the 5 you get from other games. i think it was called vacant and i can't remember the other one. the map carnival did remind me of L4D when i was playing it though
          94 xj 4.0L, AW4, 242
          3" rusty's lift, 33x12.5 bfg km2's, custom front bumper

Comment

Anyway, I'm going to DL this 'I hate Mountains' right now and give it a whirl.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vehicleless View Post
              but if you want to get everything for the game it is 75. I think thats dumb. I know valve releases lots of free stuff to people on PC but charges for the console stuff. thats because places like microsoft make them charge, so they update less but put more into the updates.

anyway l4d Kicks ass!!!
              lolwut.

So, essentially, you are telling me that Infinity Ward should work for nothing and give you free maps? Well, that's not how it works...

Nothing against L4D players, but you really can't compare the two. You can sit here and argue all day long why you prefer this game to the next, but in the end, MW2 blows any other FPS out of the fucking water. Stats will prove this all day long.

If you don't want to pay, then don't buy the fucking maps.
              Last edited by Even; 06-06-2010, 11:14 PM.

Comment

MW2 blows any other FPS out of the fucking water.
                False. MechWarrior 2 is not a FPS.

It's a simulator, duh.

2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                MK2 Jetta > M3
                Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by SwampThing View Post
                  False. MechWarrior 2 is not a FPS.

It's a simulator, duh.

If you want to talk simulators, I'll raise you some old school Fury 3.

Comment

nope. my point was that Modern Warfare is not MW2. keep all your trash talking 12 year olds and teabagging and crap
                    MK2 Jetta > M3

Comment

Originally posted by SwampThing View Post
                      nope. my point was that Modern Warfare is not MW2. keep all your trash talking 12 year olds and teabagging and crap
                      I knew what your point was.

P.S. WTF does 12 year olds and teabagging have anything to do with this? You obviously don't play the game.

Comment

you are in fact correct, not anymore. and won't.

Tetris is more entertaining than Call of Duty
                        MK2 Jetta > M3

Comment

lolwut.

So, essentially, you are telling me that Infinity Ward should work for nothing and give you free maps? Well, that's not how it works...

Nothing against L4D players, but you really can't compare the two. You can sit here and argue all day long why you prefer this game to the next, but in the end, MW2 blows any other FPS out of the fucking water. Stats will prove this all day long.

If you don't want to pay, then don't buy the fucking maps.
                          Infinity Ward doesn't have to work for free, but many other companies do.

You're right, we can't compare the two, but saying it 'blows any other FPS out of the water is simply opinion based and it's still the Flavor of the Year. Never in my life have I seen a more ass backwards multiplayer for the PC filled with more hackers and bots than any other game. What the hell is so Modern about dual wielding Winchester Model 1887s?

We are arguing with you because you came into a perfectly good Left for Dead thread and started to spew your slanderous filth. As a PC gamer, like Will and Nic and Hux here, I have never seen downloadable content actually cost money, then Modern Warfare breaks the mold.

In the end it doesn't matter. Let me know when Modern Warfare gets a mod community like Valve and some Dedicated Servers and you can backup your claims of BEST FPS EVAR!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                            We are arguing with you because you came into a perfectly good Left for Dead thread and started to spew your slanderous filth.
                            Thread hijack complete.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Fuckin' Ellis..

PHIL! some L4D tonight!
                                MK2 Jetta > M3

Comment

Working...
                                X