epic 4.0 cash for clunker story

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• epic 4.0 cash for clunker story

so i work for a jeep dealership and during cash for clunkers one of the saddest things ever occured. a 01 cherokee in mint shape limited rims on it, 90000 miles on it. it was traded in for cash for clunkers. the oil was drained the quart of clunkers juice (water and tiny glass particles) in the motor, most of the cars mind u did not make it to the end of the shop but this cherokee went out the shop to the dirt where the salesman proceded to blow doughnuts do brake stands with it they used it to push other clunkers out of the shop took it to pick up parts it lasted another 7 hours. simply epic
    Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

pics or it didnt happen
    I once had a 93 XJ, 4.5" o' lift, 33" TSL Super Swampers, 8.25 rear Detroit locked. 2,000 Lb Steering. Custom rockers, Sam's old Bumpah. Cherry Bomb BITCH. SOLD

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

BORKED

cant find it but theres a better one of an XJ that catches on fire and is pouring every fluid and still goin!
      I once had a 93 XJ, 4.5" o' lift, 33" TSL Super Swampers, 8.25 rear Detroit locked. 2,000 Lb Steering. Custom rockers, Sam's old Bumpah. Cherry Bomb BITCH. SOLD

Fight Team

Official HMC Girlie

Comment

Some 4.0s just wont fucking die...unless Joyal puts it in his rig.
        sigpic
        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

We lost a lot of good men to that program

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
            We lost a lot of good men to that program
            I'll never understand why most people just didnt blow the engines up and then make money off the rest of the parts...oh wait Obungo said the whole thing needed to be scrapped.

Love politicians. They are just so IN TOUCH with reality.
            sigpic
            Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Agreed Phil, agreed

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
                I'll never understand why most people just didnt blow the engines up and then make money off the rest of the parts...oh wait Obungo said the whole thing needed to be scrapped.

I think its dumb that they even blew them up in the first place. But they can use the rest of the parts, junkyards have tons of c4c vehicles, they just cant sell engine related parts. They spraypaint everything in the engine bay orange if its a c4c and you cant part that stuff. Everything else is good though.
                Last edited by iant333; 05-23-2010, 06:59 PM.
                01 XJ 3" on 33's and some new paint n stuff. Gone.

1989 Jeep Comanche, sold to HeavyMetal

2000 Subaru Impreza RS. Built WRX motor and coilovers and stuff.

Comment

A true meloncoly story... but I still do not think 4.0s are that great
                  1950 Willys Trail Rig
                  2007.5 Dodge 2500 QCSB 6.7 Cummins 68RFE 4x4

Comment

a Jeep that wouldn't die... sounds familiar...

Caleeeeeeb! Jolly Green!
                    2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
                    MK2 Jetta > M3
                    Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

unfortunatley don't have pics but it happened the brake stand marks are still in the back lot. and the other day one of our retarded lube techs forgot to put oil in a wj 4.0 the lady ran airends went home and came back we put oil in it no problems lol.
                      Dizz dizz go sleep sleep

Driver 4677 FSM vehicle

Comment

badass

Comment

Originally posted by towmaster13 View Post
                          unfortunatley don't have pics but it happened the brake stand marks are still in the back lot. and the other day one of our retarded lube techs forgot to put oil in a wj 4.0 the lady ran airends went home and came back we put oil in it no problems lol.
                          remind me to NEVER go to branford jeep for service k thnkx bye....
                          #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post

I've pulled many a part of cash for clunker jeeps...... there is just a sticker on them saying "block un salvageable"

Comment

Thats awesome.

I love my V8 in my WK but i most certainly miss my 4.0. If i could id do a 4.0 swap. Any chance i get to drive a 4.0 jeep i take advantage of it. If my wifes car dies tomorrow, she gets my WK and i am going out and buying a 4.0 WJ.
                              Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

Working...
                              X