No announcement yet.

Fender Bender Thread Part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you dont need a police report to file an insurance claim. if she has your info, she can, at anytime call up and report the damage. an investigator will take the story of how it happened from both parties and determine who is at fault. If your at fault (which you are) she will have to pay no deductible and your insurance or you will have to pay for her damage.
    up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
    eliminator MJ - Sold
    99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
    Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

Yeah I'm pretty sure you only paythe deductible if it was a your fault accident

Comment

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
        i did a .05 mph bump into a chrysler sebring

$790 out of my pocket

less damage than what you did to that honda.

i scratched a .75x.125" section of clearcoat off. and they said they wanted to remove the bumper and replace the foam shit in there and check for frame damage
        This is the problem with was seem like small accidents. Even though they are tiny, they can cost a lot. My dad just knocked his rear window out and because he nicked the edge of the window frame, the auto glass installer refused to replace it and he was forced to file an insurance claim for $1200 after everything. This was done at a friends shop too

Comment

Originally posted by 1cleantj View Post
          you dont need a police report to file an insurance claim. if she has your info, she can, at anytime call up and report the damage. an investigator will take the story of how it happened from both parties and determine who is at fault. If your at fault (which you are) she will have to pay no deductible and your insurance or you will have to pay for her damage.
          I was wrong, this is correct. This reminded me of a time I backed into a civic that whipped through a parking lot on my pass-side and decided to stop right behind me while I was backing out of my spot. The rear bumper end cap put a 2" scratch on his passenger side headlight, nothing more.
          Long story short; no police involved, we exchanged numbers "just in case" and I thought that was that. two years later I was trying to get a new policy and was wondering why it would be so damn expensive. I asked the agent and he said that I didn't have a clean driving record and pulled up the claim. The civic owner claimed that he was parked and I backed into him, his garage claimed that the car looked fine but the whole underside of the bumper was shot. The claim filed against me was enough for the asshat to buy a new shogun style body kit bumper, and replace his headlights with some "angel eyes"! My insurance never notified me of this and since I was doing auto bill pay, I never really noticed the hike until I needed a new policy.

So, yes they can claim even with no police report. I'm sorry I gave incorrect information.
          I still say just pay it. It'll make you look better, you'll avoid the hassle of rate hikes, and you'll be done with the whole incident. Just make sure you get copes of the receipts, because they might get it fixed and decide to claim anyhow (not that I think they would, but you gotta cover your ass these days).
          Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
          My "Bucket" Build
          MilitaryJeepers.com
          ‚——P--;===±--= <-
          !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

Some fucktard opened a door into my Jeep whn i worked at Sam Ash, broke a foglight. it scratched his paint a bit, but nothing a $5 bottle of touch up paint wouldn't fix. He refused to pay me for the light, because my car was "too much of a piece of shit". I just wanted 30 bucks to cover one light and keep the insurance companies away from both me AND him.

His mistake for coming back a month later for stuff in the store...
            2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
            MK2 Jetta > M3
            Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Riot View Post
              Hardly any damage at all. Walk away, they should have taken insurance information down.

One bad decision on their part is going to equal -500$ on yours?
              FUCK THAT.
              integrity - he doesn't have it
              2 tj's
              3 yj's
              2 xj's
              i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

Last edited by Zullock Holmes; 05-18-2010, 08:16 PM.
                No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

i'd get some rubbing compound and clean the paint off it then try and claim that the nicks were already in there since in the pic it appears there is one way over on the right away from the paint transfer mark and the 2 nicks you supposedly caused. you can always have her take it to your choice of shop for a quote too. she may have taken it to someone she knows and had them add on a couple hunded just for the hell of it. also do not give her cash, if your gonna pay make a check out to the body shop yourself not out to her. I don't think insurance is gonna like tha fact you just got a v8 sports car and just a couple months later putting in a claim. good luck
                  88 manche-96 4.0 OBDII 5in 35's-new bumper..parked
                  ..............back under construction...
                  96 2door donor....
                  94 yj 4.0 5 sp .... dd only mods no track or sway bars

Comment

Working...
                  X