My RCQ Weekend.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My RCQ Weekend.

I don't even know where to start with this post, so I'm going to jump right into it, balls to the wall while flailing my arms above my head in a half drunken stupor.

I went to the RCQ this past Friday to help Will and Nicole film the Rausch Creek Qualifier for King of the Hammers and see all sorts of fucking CRAZY bullshit that these awesome rigs do at high speeds.

Thursday night was uneventful, but the next day, Friday, is where the shit hit the Fan.

The HMC crew assembled in the RC parking lot where we all went over the basic game plan for the day, where everyone needed to be, where the good shit was going to go down and the teams we were going in. I was given one of Dan's cameras and RJ got to drive my ass around RC all day, and it was pretty fucking AWESOME to say the least. (If you are going to come into this thread lacking a specific body part and telling me how RCQ isn't worth three sentences, then please, by all means, find a fire and die in it.)

THIS IS WHERE THE PICS BEGAN...

Since I was filming the entire day, I gave RJ my Canon A590 to take pics of the high speed stuff. Some of the pics he got were really good, some...not so good, so I won't post them.

I took this pic though for the massive luls.

David Blaine would be Proud.

Here are some of the pictures from the High Speed section about 3/4 of the way through the race that RJ took.

Well, that was the extent of the pics that were taking during the RCQ. I captured a lot more on video, as well as everyone else on the HMC staff that day. Props to you

You will eventually see all the video, but RJ and I spent most of the day at a newer trail called Crawl Daddy and some pretty intense shit went down. It was a muddy uphill battle, straining the rigs and the mentality of the drivers, even breaking down the TV Personality of the Ian Johnson to cursing at the person who designed his Tire Carrier and Doug Bigelow telling his fellow competitors to kindly 'GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE WAY'.

It was epic nonetheless, but all good things must eventually come to an end, so the RCQ ended with a blaze of Glory and Geoff getting told by Dave Cole himself that Lucas Murphy DID NOT IN FACT drive the Lucas Oil Rig and I got word that my wagoneer wasn't ready to be picked up because it still ran like complete shit - aka stalling when the skinny pedal was pushed. So I went to Zullo and said we need to get extremely stupid fucking drunk and well...we did.

So to put it kindly, RJ got cranky and went to bed, so Zullo and I sat out in the Comfort Inn Parking Lot, sitting on a tool box and a cooler drinking Jack Daniel's and we shot the shit about everything involving offroad motorsports. Eventually RJ joined us in a chipper mood after a few hours of sleep and brought with him a chair from the lobby to park his ass and we all had a grand ol' time. Well, I blatantly over-served myself that night and took RJ's chair because I had the most terrible stomach ache. Needless to say sitting in a normal chair did not ease the pain of my terrible cramps and pains. Well, I sat there anyway, writhing in pain, when someone asked Zullo if I was OK, someone who I never met was genuinely worried about my health, and right as Zullo said I was fine, I proceeded to vacate my stomach of everything I ate and drank that night. I gave everyone a big THUMBSUP to signal that I was in fact OK and proceeded to regurgitate some more in what Zullo would call a projectile fashion. I felt pretty bad after that, not physically but mentally, so in my completely drunken state of mind, I got rather pissed at myself and grabbed the Shovel off Heavy Metal and 'attempted' to clean my former dinner up from the parking lot. My efforts where in vain though, as a shovel isn't a great tool for cleaning up puke in a parking lot. Zullo did let me know the importance of chewing my food as he studied my puke and said I simply DON'T chew my food.

Well, for the next hour I sat in the grass and threw up some more, completely regretting drinking that much and it bothered me the rest of the night, but looking back at it now, I guess it wasn't so bad. I guess I just felt really bad about puking in the parking lot in front of everyone while sitting in a chair from the lobby. Oh well. Shit happens I guess.

Anyway, so the next morning, Zullo looks like This

Because we drank a whole bunch of, and polished off the bottle of, this

THEN WE WENT WHEELING.

RJ and Zullo drove, while myself and Geoff and some other dude, I simply for the life of me cannot remember his name but was someone an acquaintance of Geoff's, rode passenger.

We eventually found our way down in the Quarry and did some hill climbs and watched two buggies crawl up Shoot the Moon as if it was their sole purpose in life, Zullo attempted this hillclimb and right as he reached this point...

His T case popped out of 4 wheel drive and everyone heard the distinct sound of an Engine over revving in neutral and Zullo's heart come to a complete stop. I Lulled. He made it up though with no problem as he slammed the Tcase back into 4lo without switching out of drive...

We eventually made out way back to get some lunch where we met up with Zullo's cousin Nick and Josh and continued our day of wheeling.

Group Pic of the Saturday Wheeling Crew.

RJ wanted to Swim in Lake Cristy but decided when he started stepping on drive shafts and other parts at the bottom of the lake that it wasn't a good idea.

I have no pics of Nick going up trail 5 hill climb (he is open/open on 33s with a 30/44 combo) but here are some pics of him DESCENDING IT.

BAD TIMES.

Well, we all got our jollies and called it a day and went back to the Hotel to lawl at the day's events.

Well, fast forward to Sunday Afternoon, we all decide to head home. We stop at Friendlies for a bite to eat and after our little food extravaganza, home is where we headed. Only to delay Will and Nicole's inevitable return to the state of Connecticut, Zullo's driveshaft decided to separate itself from his vehicle on I-80 doing about 70 MPH. We crossed 2 lanes of Traffic to get to the grass to diagnose the problem.

SWEEEEEET. The ujoint had exploded. Good thing I was riding with Zullo, so we got right to work changing the ujoint on the side of I-80.

Changed.

Then some douche bag state trooper drove up next to us and told Will that he wasn't a friend and that if there was any problems to call 911 like we didn't fucking learn that when we were in first grade. Well, whatever, if there was a problem, that douche bag would have been the last person we would have called.

When that was all said and done, I took the old ujoint and zip tied it to the mile marker post, 'A Monument to All of Our Breakages'.

Well, the fun didn't stop there. One of the ears that holds in the ujoint caps on the axle side had blatantly broken off, so the ujoint was drifting back and forth, causing insane amounts of vibrations, so we did the next best thing.

We completely encased the ujoint in Electrical tape and Duck Brand Tape to prevent the ujoint cap from leaving the vehicle. We drove the rest of the way home from North Jersey to Milford, CT going 55 MPH, coasting down hills and going pretty slow uphill.

When we got into CT we inspected the ujoint and as predicted, the tape just didn't hold up, but the Ujoint stayed there.

But Zullo and I had a pretty wild ride home. His steering was on the verge of collapsing into a black hole, He blew the shock on the front driver side and the shock on the front passenger wasn't even connected to the axle because the Bar Pin had EXPLODED and became a vapor sometime that day, his leafs where fucked, we rode on the bump stops all the way home and my seat was stained in Iced Tea from the Thursday Night drive up all while we were on the verge of having the driveshaft leave the jeep if we reached a point of excessive vibration.

So all in all, it was a great weekend. Hope you guys had an epic one as well.

In the end just Remember: Ketchup is the King of Condiments, Amber For Speed, The better your gussets and notches in the tube the better duck tape will hold your chassis together, 'This is No Good', the British Bombed Pearl Harbor, and NEVER mix Jack Daniel's and High C fruit punch after drinking the Jack straight previously.
    Last edited by Buffalo Phil; 05-10-2010, 08:37 AM.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

a spot on, perfect rendition of this weekend

so good to be home after a for the most part great trip, can't wait till next time.... but until then i got lots of shit to fix

too bad we now know my jeep was clearly not build to operate at excessive speeds off road.
    No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
    Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

that sucks dudes i tried calling you around 7 to see how you made out.

Fun weekend though

you guys didnt give up though like hitler leading the jews to the promiseland
      Last edited by Magilla; 05-10-2010, 07:09 AM.
      1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
      2001 wj tbd
      1974 5 ton

Comment

lol phil in your list of things at the end you forgot about onion rings at burger king hahaha

love the write up dude, you also forgot about zullo and i forcing you to eat a canolli
        2009 silver JK - destination beachy jeep
        J10 project do want.
        "attack life. its just going to kill you anyway"

Comment

Originally posted by Quartney View Post
          lol phil in your list of things at the end you forgot about onion rings at burger king hahaha

love the write up dude, you also forgot about zullo and i forcing you to eat a canolli
          AH YES.

Zullo: 'I question the legitimacy of this onion ring actually being an onion at one point in time'. - In regards to the Burger King onion rings.

That cannoli was really good though...so was that fried ice cream we ate.
          sigpic

Comment

fried ice cream was amazingggg my tummy was SO full after that dinner. Coffee helped me get home amazingly though.

Phil, do you remember calling me at 1148 friday night? sorry i didnt answer, i woke up and went ugh and fell back asleep hahahahaha
            J10 project do want.

Comment

fried ice cream was amazingggg my tummy was SO full after that dinner. Coffee helped me get home amazingly though.

Phil, do you remember calling me at 1148 friday night? sorry i didnt answer, i woke up and went ugh and fell back asleep hahahahaha
              Yes, I tried to call you to tell you that I will never drink Jack Daniels again.

Sorry for the bother, but I was pretty fucking inebriated. hahaah.
              sigpic

Comment

wasnt a bother at all, i felt happy to be thought of in the celebrations of the epic day hahaha but ill make sure no more jack for you mister. stick to just over eating cannolis.
                J10 project do want.

Comment

Epic adventures Wish I could of been there. And don't worry about puking Phil, at least they didnt find you with a sock on your dick.
                  P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                  2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                  OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
                    Epic adventures Wish I could of been there. And don't worry about puking Phil, at least they didnt find you with a sock on your dick.
                    I was told that multiple times...
                    sigpic

Comment

as stated friday pete. you shoulda been there. congrats on graduating yesterday though
                      J10 project do want.

Comment

ahhh I had the exact same U joint issue on my trip to virginia for thanksgiving.. Blew a u joint which broke the yoke.... we did the exact same tape trick lol....
                        89XJ Pioneer Edition 3.5" 33s ravines 4:10s 8.8- parted but not forgotten
                        95XJ tons 3 link 36s 5:38s
                        97 F-250HD 7.3 Turbo Diesel
                        If Parts Ain't Flyin' you Ain't Tryin'

"Shut up and Wheel"

Comment

as stated friday pete. you shoulda been there. congrats on graduating yesterday though
                          Thanks Courtney. I would of much rather been at RC
                          P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                          2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                          OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by WAD357 View Post
                            ahhh I had the exact same U joint issue on my trip to virginia for thanksgiving.. Blew a u joint which broke the yoke.... we did the exact same tape trick lol....
                            i couldn't believe that it work, the tape anyway. Aside from the yoke, I'm pretty sure i split the housing of the slip yoke though cause it pissed all the ATF out of the tcase and has been leaking pretty bad since then. ohh well.
                            No worries, I'm not actually back, I'm just reminiscing about the old days.

ForSure Motorsports
                            Win or Lose, We Booze.

Vice President of Internal Affairs at Dirty Donny's House of Hookers

Comment

LOL... always an adventure
                              Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
                              My "Bucket" Build
                              MilitaryJeepers.com
                              ‚——P--;===±--= <-
                              !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

Working...
                              X