X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11-9-10

YES.

BORKED

The Call of Duty games made by Treyarch fucking SUCK.

Hate to burst your bubble.

I'm also pretty stoked that in a one minute trailer, you didn't get to see hardly any actual gameplay footage.
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
      The Call of Duty games made by Treyarch fucking SUCK.
      I am legit worried about this, but oh well.

Comment

Yeah, I would be too, but after the Mind Numbing bullshit I endured in the second half of the Call of Duty MW2 campaign, maybe Treyarch will have some better writers.

Though the true irony of my story line concerns is that the games I've been playing since 2008 don't fucking have a story... I guess when you have cinematic cut scenes and events happen every 2 minutes, you expect the story to be good...
        sigpic

Comment

:yawn:
          2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
          MK2 Jetta > M3
          Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo Phil View Post
            Yeah, I would be too, but after the Mind Numbing bullshit I endured in the second half of the Call of Duty MW2 campaign, maybe Treyarch will have some better writers.

Though the true irony of my story line concerns is that the games I've been playing since 2008 don't fucking have a story... I guess when you have cinematic cut scenes and events happen every 2 minutes, you expect the story to be good...
            Have you played the new Bad Company?

The story line was slightly better than COD, especially because the characters have some personality and they work together. But, towards the end you can definetly tell they sucked off MW2's story a little too much.

Comment

I would say the main problem is game developers are trying too hard to make the games action packed, and end up with a story that just goes along at a steady pace. The campaigns used to be much longer, and there would be a lot more anticipation leading up to big moments.

Now it just seems like everything is getting more and more monotonous.

Comment

Originally posted by Even View Post
                Have you played the new Bad Company?

The story line was slightly better than COD, especially because the characters have some personality and they work together. But, towards the end you can definetly tell they sucked off MW2's story a little too much.
                You know, I haven't. I played the first one for a bit and I wasn't impressed. The Battlefield games to me were never story driven, it was all Multiplayer for me, so the single player holds no water for me in the Battlefield universe. When I played Battlefield 1942 years ago, I would play it hours on end, just screwing around in multiplayer. Having a campaign in that game just doesn't feel right.

Something like Call of Duty is the opposite. Everything spawns from the Campaign, the glorious, cinematic and story driven campaign where the multiplayer is simply an aspect that you visit when done, but even Modern Warfare turned the Mutliplayer into something great (aside from running knives and holding 2 shotguns at once ).

Originally posted by Even View Post
                I would say the main problem is game developers are trying too hard to make the games action packed, and end up with a story that just goes along at a steady pace. The campaigns used to be much longer, and there would be a lot more anticipation leading up to big moments.

Now it just seems like everything is getting more and more monotonous.

Exactly. It really is the same old shit over and over and that is what draws me to Left 4 Dead 2 night after night. It's a game like no other and it's a game that fills every niche I've been looking for. Great Co-op and waves of undead waiting to be gunned down. It's not too simple and it's not too complex.

Call of duty has become increasingly complex over the last few years and it's losing it's touch because the think tanks are no longer turning out new ideas.

So color me unimpressed with this trailer, and I hope Activision gets their faces punched in for fucking up the whole Franchise and destroying Infinity Ward.
                Last edited by Buffalo Phil; 05-04-2010, 11:27 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

BORKED

Broken down trailer that shows what the story line might be like. Kindof interesting.

Comment

Two words for innovative plot and cinematics.....

Bubble Bobble
                    dirty30

Comment

Originally posted by Hydra View Post
                      Two words for innovative plot and cinematics.....

Bubble Bobble
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hydra View Post
                        Bubble Bobble
                        BEST GAME !!!!!!!!!!!N

I could play halo 2 / skate all day and have almost no urge to play any new game as of late.

as a matter of fact I haven't played a video game in about 5 months.
                        "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

halo (3-ODST) multiplayer is all I have been playing lately.
                          Shane "The Bag" Carlson

2.5L TJ, 5-speed, frankenlift, and stuff.
                          My "Bucket" Build
                          MilitaryJeepers.com
                          ‚——P--;===±--= <-
                          !‚–’¯ƒ¹¶

Comment

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

july 27
                            87 Comanche 4.0 4wd

Comment

Originally posted by Scottmc01 View Post
                              StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

july 27
                              About fucking time that shit came out.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X