No announcement yet.

laptop owners current and previous

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Dells are great, new toshibas are good; asus, IBM, and apple (gasp) make great ones also. "

yeah that seems about right, if you can afford it pic up a used macbook or something.
    "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
      $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

having someone buy a mac to surf the net, do homework, and listen to music is like telling someone to buy a corvette to drive 2 miles back and forth to work.

the mini 12 isnt that small, the mini 9 however, is tiny
      I can see where you're coming from here. I have a macbook, not the lowest end model but like the mid range one and I love it. It was expensive and I'm sure you can get more memory/performance for the money but I really like the way my mac works. I'm sure I will never use my mac to its full potential, but it never leaves me wanting more. I will not go back to windows. My .02
      1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
      1999 sierra
      1967 M725 Big and Slow
      -Dan

Comment

STAY AWAY FROM THE DELL MINI'S!!!

there are way better netbooks out there for the money...

Comment

Court, i actually got a new promotion at best buys, im the Business Technology Consultant for all computer purchuses.. if you need any help let me know.

With that said, HPs use to have a lot of problems, they are a lot better now though. Compaq was shit and always will be shit, Dells are shit too, they have so many problems its ridiculous. ASUS is awesome, they have been making lap tops for 3 years and have been rated #1 all 3 years. They are the only laptops I will put all my weight on and nothing happens to them, and the hardware they use is awesome. Gateways are cheaper and lately they have come out with some pretty nice machines. Toshiba also makes pretty nice laptops.

Only companies I would stay away from are Dell, Acer, Compaq. I prefer ASUS, HP, Toshiba though

As for the minis, they are cool for word documents, and surfing the internet. The ASUS ones have full 120 to 160g hard drives in them, most of the others only have solid states which are about 8 to 16gigs
          You better decide if you are hanging on the cross, or banging in the nails

Comment

Originally posted by Saharicon View Post

I prefer ASUS, HP, Toshiba though

As for the minis, they are cool for word documents, and surfing the internet. The ASUS ones have full 120 to 160g hard drives in them, most of the others only have solid states which are about 8 to 16gigs

my 1000h kicks ass.. esp with the new touchpad!!

Comment

I love my dell inspiron. It was rather cheap and not to expensive, but is great! HP i hear is also good.
              "Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but rising up everytime we fail."

-Melanie-

Comment

Originally posted by YeaItsSlo View Post
                my 1000h kicks ass.. esp with the new touchpad!!
                yea the 1000h is probably the only mini i would buy if did.

oh FYI to court, minis run XP not vista so thats cool too, you can get them with linux as well
                You better decide if you are hanging on the cross, or banging in the nails

Comment

meh, this is where cody and i differ. i see at least 4 HP/compaq hardware failures for every dell one at work.

that being said, if i didnt get my dell with the discount it came with, id probably go asus. and my family has an acer tower at home and although it isnt the greatest piece of hardware, its still going strong. they usually roast a tower every year though

Comment

Originally posted by Saharicon View Post
                    yea the 1000h is probably the only mini i would buy if did.

oh FYI to court, minis run XP not vista so thats cool too, you can get them with linux as well

the only other netbook id get would be Acer Aspire One.. but id rather get any asus first..

Comment

I have an HP, it turns on and shows me the internet. Haven't had problems with it in the 2 years I've had it. I use vista and really don't mind it now that I'm used to it. Hated it when I couldn't find anything cause I was used to XP. GET THE BIGGER BATTER WITH WHATEVER YOU GETTTTTTTT

Comment

HP Lance Armstrong Edition.
                        Overheated. Fried mobo.
                        Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

I have a Mac book Pro.
                          -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

dell. love it.
                            mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
                            2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
                            and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

macs are great if you wanna spend the money. look into getting a refurbished one, its just as good as brand new just cheaper
                              winng. all the goddamned time.

**MY STATEMENTS AND/OR OPINIONS IN NO WAY REFLECT THOSE OF THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT.

Comment

mini doesnt have a thing for disks????
                                2009 silver JK - destination beachy jeep
                                J10 project do want.
                                "attack life. its just going to kill you anyway"

Comment

Working...
                                X