No announcement yet.

Let's say you go to a store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

follow-ups seem to work...the few i've sent out have helped and will got his money that day...maybe i need to do more of this william
    mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
    2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
    and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

Common business terms are 30 days. 45-60 days in more likely. We have customers out 120 days.

Comment

Originally posted by CSaddict View Post
        Common business terms are 30 days. 45-60 days in more likely. We have customers out 120 days.
        i hear you on the reality side of things, but I really have no desire to allow a client 30+ days to pay me 70 dollars for a design piece (speaking on a low end here)

Quadratec has a net-30 agreement with us, which is fine because theyre a huge corporation...pirate4x4 had a little more time on theirs as well as some other bigger names...

but joe blow who wants a logo aint gettin 2 months to pay me for a logo..
        - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
        or am asians pants not a read end lol.
        Originally posted by DizzDizz
        aliens probed my husband

Comment

adjusted pay period and terms based on project, client, and price? possibly client's payment history with you, if any?
          2000 XJ: "The Black Jeep"
          MK2 Jetta > M3
          Chairman of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

im not sure what protocol is in the film world....i know at my job people get 30 days usually...and then we still have to chase them...
            2009 silver JK - destination beachy jeep
            J10 project do want.
            "attack life. its just going to kill you anyway"

Comment

I just runaway screaming "THERE AFTER ME LUCKY CHARMS!"
              -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawn Guyland View Post
                follow-ups seem to work...the few i've sent out have helped and will got his money that day...maybe i need to do more of this william
                follow ups are definately good and do work most of the time
                2009 silver JK - destination beachy jeep
                J10 project do want.
                "attack life. its just going to kill you anyway"

Comment

deposit?

Comment

Will, you pay for my gasoline and I'll be your personal revenue collector.

I will drive to each persons home or place of business and verbally and visually harass them till the have no other choice but to pay me to go away
                    dirty30

Comment

Originally posted by Hydra View Post
                      Will, you pay for my gasoline and I'll be your personal revenue collector.

I will drive to each persons home or place of business and verbally and visually harass them till the have no other choice but to pay me to go away
                      HOONIGAN FOR LIFE
                      OLD 4X4'S NEVER DIE!!!!!

Comment

For one, I think you should take some sort of deposit up front, as that will somewhat cover your ass from getting fucked over.

Other than that, you really have no choice other than to follow up with a phone call the day after a payment isn't recieved if you really want your money. Realistically, not every single person in the entire world is completely punctual, or has the greatest memory. It's just the way things are.

I deal with customers/payments all day long, and it's amazing how many times I've seen somebody come in for personal training with one of our instructors, and walk out the door without even paying. Recently, one of our "best" customers had gone almost the entire year without paying a single cent. This year time span covered something like over 15hrs of 1-on-1 instruction, and he claimed he couldn't believe the last time he gave us money was almost a full year previous.

I also see what your saying that hounding people isn't the greatest way to maintain a client relationship, but if they are really fucking you over that hard...well then you probably don't want their business in the future anyways.

Comment

I think lawyer is a little extreme, but I am sure Nicole can come up with a nice letter that basically says pay by this day or you will be sent to collections.
                          You better decide if you are hanging on the cross, or banging in the nails

Comment

Sounds like your accountant (Nicole) is slacking off.

Were I work... we have customers with terms of anywhere from CIA to Net 120. The average is probably Net 45.

When companies break the rules... they go on credit hold.

but... our Stamford facility does like 50-65 million a year in business.
                            99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread
                            http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148

Comment

Working...
                            X