Budget Cuts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Budget Cuts

Wondering if any other people had some nasty budget cuts. My school just announced that they will not be renewing the contract of 38 teachers. Some of these teachers are my gym teacher, my lax/football coach, my history teachers and my marketing program.

One of the teachers who will be retiring next year because of this said that we only need to donate 30 cents a day to keep the school running, which for most people is less than a cup of coffe.

Not to mention the fire code, iirc there is not to be more than i think 25-28 desks in the average size class room in our district. If we make these cuts, than we will have upwards of 35 kids to a class.
    My psych teacher did some math and this is what we got:This is for our current condition- If a teacher gives 1 test a week and nothing else they spend about 10 hours to grade them on top of the 50 hour weeks they have for school/pto meetings. And kids get the individual attention they need.
    If cuts go through: 1 test a week goes up to 12-13 hours a night to grade the tests, and grades will go down because not everyone gets the attention they need.

The actual article: http://www.newstimes.com/default/art...ors-426933.php
    God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Not so much a Budget cut, but when this all started about a year ago (the dwindling economy) our 5 man shop was reduced to a 4 man shop.

We had to let our stockmaker take a very long vacation until we get some actual stockwork in...right now, we don't have any commissions to do any custom stocks...
    sigpic
    Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

my school had to make some drastic cuts last year.....no more december graduation, they cut our nursing program...and a bunch of other major stuff people were not happy about
      mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
      2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
      and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

We have cut some hours at my work, but Im getting way more due to my boss(the owner) being sick and not coming back for the foreseeable future.
        -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

i got a raise at my job

Comment

not too many people buying coke these days
            1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
            2001 wj tbd
            1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by raze1287 View Post
              not too many people buying coke these days
              i trade jeep parts for coke
              www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

4 person customer service team cut to 3 person team & we are definitely busier now than we were when there was 4 of us!
                FU corporate
                & PS - thanks for no raise @ the end of 09
                99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread
                http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148

Comment

Yacht racing business is still good so ill have a job this summer

Comment

my hours went from 55 hrs to 40... yea I still make 40 but 15 hours of OT is alot of missed money, thats for sure
                    up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
                    eliminator MJ - Sold
                    99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
                    Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

i lost my job last summer when our studio closed due to economic hardships

so i just gave THE MAN the and started (ok, continued building) my own biz
                      - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                      or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                      Originally posted by DizzDizz
                      aliens probed my husband

Comment

my company just had its 2nd wave of lay offs and is offically going under another name tomorow.

and management has no fucking idea what the hell theyre doing. today at 4...the last work hour before we go live on oracle....they call a meeting to decide how to do half the products that we do
                        2009 silver JK - destination beachy jeep
                        J10 project do want.
                        "attack life. its just going to kill you anyway"

Comment

I just got a job offer two weeks ago. I have another company reviewing my resume and I'm waiting for a reply from Pilgrim Nuclear Station in Massachusetts.

I didn't get a call back from the Nuclear Regulatory Commission so they can go themselves

Currently though, I'm broke
                          I don't always drink orange juice, but when I do, I prefer to chew it. #madpulp

Comment

the Air Force is firing 6000 people by july 2011. anybody with any kind of marks on their record is startin to sweat. one dude in my squadron already has a date for discharge. not to mention recruiting has basically stopped... i cant even tell my friends looking for jobs to try and sign up since theyll just get told to come back next year.

this economy=
                            Last edited by Tom; 03-31-2010, 09:07 PM.
                            winng. all the goddamned time.

**MY STATEMENTS AND/OR OPINIONS IN NO WAY REFLECT THOSE OF THE UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT.

Comment

Originally posted by Quartney View Post
                              today at 4...the last work hour before we go live on oracle....
                              I use Oracle for entering sales orders... it sucks & apparently we are switching to a different version later on this year.
                              99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread
                              http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148

Comment

Working...
                              X