Overprotective vehicle owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overprotective vehicle owners

I'm curious to see how protective people are of their vehicles. My cousin has left his car parked at my house for the weekend and after I made a joke about driving his car he called my dad to make sure I didn't really take it out. All it is an '05 Accord Coupe V6 with some HFP(Honda Factory Performance) stuff on it. My other friend is the same way about his Audi.

Personally, as long as I know a person isn't going to try and run my cars into a tree, I let them drive it. I think just about every friend I have has driven my Jeep and I'd trust all of with it. I just think unless it is something really expensive or nice, it shouldn't be a big deal.
    Hell no, that's ma bitch!
    16.22%
    As long as I like them
    67.57%
    Who really cares? If they do anything, I'll get some insurance money
    8.11%
    Nascar
    8.11%

I'd care more about an Audi than a Honda.
    I drive a lifted jeep, dont care all that much.
    Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

I only own the jeep, but i don't let anyone use it without me riding shotgun, cause it would kill me to have to force a good friend to pay for the parts if something did happen. I only let mom and dad drive it, my brother drives like an asshole in his so he doesn't get a key
      God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

I dont care who drives my car.

Comment

I let people drive my jeeps, if i had something nice though id still let people drive it if i was with them

Comment

i'm completely both sides of the spectrum. with the jeep, who cares. leave it doorless, hit trees, let people wheel it whatever. but with the subie i'm super anal about it. NOONE drives it but me but that is do to the satanic nature of my clutch and transmission. also i won't drive it to sketchy areas because it doesn't have an alarm yet and my old one was stolen
            I drive a Datsun

Comment

My jeep I'll let anyone of my friends drive it, cuz I know they'll replace or repair whatever happens...

My car only I drive, but I beat thr living tits outta that thing
              dirty30

Comment

Originally posted by Burton58 View Post
                i'm completely both sides of the spectrum. with the jeep, who cares. leave it doorless, hit trees, let people wheel it whatever.
                oh yeah that explains alot.... dick.
                1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                1999 sierra
                1967 M725 Big and Slow
                -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
                  oh yeah that explains alot.... dick.
                  bahahahahaha. nah i was pretty good to it but i did let a few ladies wheel it. if anything breaks i blame them
                  I drive a Datsun

Comment

when my jeep is in tip top shape i'll let friends/family drive it.
                    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

people at school always complain they cant go anywhere bc they dont have a car.

so i say, i have two, take one.

they never do though.

Comment

I don't mind people driving my jeep. But my jeep is quirky and I rather drive it. I let people drive it if I'm with them tho cuz i like making people catch the wheeling bug.

Comment

Originally posted by crosbike View Post
                          I don't mind people driving my jeep. But my jeep is quirky and I rather drive it. I let people drive it if I'm with them tho cuz i like making people catch the wheeling bug.
                          if i like a girl i make her drive it. if she goes "zomg no wai" i say cya. this method is still under development though. the DENNIS system is preferable over it.

Comment

If they want/need to drive it I'll let them take it, if they even want to. Recently those takers have been few and far between because the convo goes:

Them: Can I borrow your Jeep?
                            Me: Sure, just be careful because my swaybar is not connected (explanation of what a swaybar is ensues)
                            Them: Wow that sounds kind of dangerous
                            Me: Not nearly as dangerous as the DW I get at around 45 because of my bent tierod, but don't worry too much, just hold on tight and you can ride it out
                            Them: Nevermind I think I'll just walk...

Guess no one wants an adventurous ride anymore . . . .

Comment

Originally posted by 0BLCKTJ6 View Post
                              Me: Not nearly as dangerous as the DW I get at around 45 because of my bent tierod, but don't worry too much, just hold on tight and you can ride it out
                              Them: Nevermind I think I'll just walk...

Guess no one wants an adventurous ride anymore . . . .
                              Some of my friends in school are always asking me if they can take it for a joy ride, then i tell them the same thing you do, they laugh and then realize im completely serious and they just walk away
                              God made the world in seven days, on the 7th day, he made the Le Car

Real Jeeps have Unibodys

Comment

Working...
                              X