No announcement yet.

anyone here have an emissions hook up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone here have an emissions hook up?

i failed emissions 2 years ago and they allowed me to renew my reg on the basis that i tried, but i read now that i HAVE to pass emissions now for this renewal of my reg thats due this month.

does anyone have an emissions work-around or hook up they use? passing would be quite a pain/retarded expense for me, especially in a vehicle i dont drive daily at all
    - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
    or am asians pants not a read end lol.
    Originally posted by DizzDizz
    aliens probed my husband

what year is it?
    Watch your backhoe, I'm the John Deere man.

Comment

- Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

got a hook up

or

you can do the 700 dollar repair deal. You get a friend at a shop to write up they did 700 in repairs to try to make it pass after failing. You take that to wethersfield dmw they approve it and give you an emissions exemption
        1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
        2001 wj tbd
        1974 5 ton

Comment

I am certified to do emissions myself, at my dads shop..do you know the exact reason why its failing?
          98 Cherokee, D30/8.25 w/4.56s locked F/R -- 3 link front IRO springs rear with shackle relocation, one ton steering w/heims, hybrid cage under contruction, 33'' KM2's

Comment

if my memory serves me, it was 2 bad o2 sensors, and something else i didnt quite understand

i had replaced an o2 for 80 bucks and then it read bad a week later so at that point i said fuck it...its been a long ass time since i last passed emissions, haha
            - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Who does inspections in CT? You cant just take it to a buddies shop and they write the emissions passed? Like phils dad? I dont know how it works there, PA pretty much any shop is an inspections station too
              You better decide if you are hanging on the cross, or banging in the nails

Comment

Originally posted by Saharicon View Post
                Who does inspections in CT? You cant just take it to a buddies shop and they write the emissions passed? Like phils dad? I dont know how it works there, PA pretty much any shop is an inspections station too
                not every shop does emissions :/
                - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

I have a large evap leak and emissions coming up. I can't afford to fix it. I was going to skip emissions because I dont know anyone. What is the penalty anyhow? I never did it with my 96 for 6months, then I just sold the fucker.
                  Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

oh, well someone on here has got to know somebody or actually do it themselves

Comment

Originally posted by Riot View Post
                      I have a large evap leak and emissions coming up. I can't afford to fix it. I was going to skip emissions because I dont know anyone. What is the penalty anyhow? I never did it with my 96 for 6months, then I just sold the fucker.
                      you can fail it and still renew your reg...there is no penalty that i am aware of..i havent passed emissions since probably 2006..haha...the way they get you is you need emissions to renew your reg, if you bring a sheet to them the first time just showing you tried, fail or pass, they let u renew, but the next time around 2 years later you now HAVE to pass to renew, this is what ive been told

oh, well someone on here has got to know somebody or actually do it themselves
                      thats what im hopin
                      - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                        you can fail it and still renew your reg...there is no penalty that i am aware of..i havent passed emissions since probably 2006..haha...the way they get you is you need emissions to renew your reg, if you bring a sheet to them the first time just showing you tried, fail or pass, they let u renew, but the next time around 2 years later you now HAVE to pass to renew, this is what ive been told
                        Armand, can you confirm this for me/us?

Comment

Does CT do classic regs? Maryland does and its fuckings stupid, it only has to be like 10 years old or something and you can reg the vehicle as a classic and dont have to pass any inspections

Comment

well i know for a fact the first time you need to renew your reg, you can show them a fail or pass sheet from you trying at a shop, just so long as you tried, and you can re-reg.

also when i got my emissions "date" in 07 or whenever it was in the mail, non registration related, i simply didnt do it, never had an issue.

Does CT do classic regs? Maryland does and its fuckings stupid, it only has to be like 10 years old or something and you can reg the vehicle as a classic and dont have to pass any inspections
                            from what phil has told me, it is 25 years here
                            - Will

aliens probed my husband

Comment

I think 20 years is Class
                              25 years is antique?
                              I could be wrong...I thought my dad said that about his motorcycle, but im not sure if I even got the numbers right.

Comment

Working...
                              X