can any of you answer these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can any of you answer these?

i have a horrible school record. i've been to 4 schools and i only applyed to college for the health insurance basically. i always worked full time and never cared about school. i recently changed and am finishing my associates with not great but decent grades. 2.3gpa and in the past 4 semesters nothing but a's, b's, and c's. i wanna transfer to get the bachelors now but i'm wondering if i can do this. 1 of the colleges i registered for 2 classes, but i never even went to a class, didn't drop them and got 2 f's. never talked to that college again. i'm wondering if the college i'm applying to will be able to see this somehow. i dont want to send them that transcript because those 2 f's will put me under the gpa requirements to get in. i never applied for financial aide and have no debt to the college. will the new college be able to see that i went to this school somehow or can i just not send in that transcript?

second question. i'm 24 so i'm technically an adult student(non traditional). as i said before i screwed up in the past with school and my record shows it. but it also shows that as of late i've been doing well and changed. my gpa is a 2.3 which obviously isn't great but it was in the low 1's before i started taking college seriously. the school i want to go to requires a 2.0gpa for consideration. its university of central florida. so think about this. i'm an adult student who has a bad record but has changed, i'm applying to a satellite campus not the main one, and i'd be commuting so i'd take up no housing spots. think they give some lienence to a person in my situation considering i'd be helping not only their age ratio, but also their satellite campus student ratio? or because i'm older they'll be more apt to give me a second chance?

i have an articulation agreement with other schools in my area but i want to go to this school because its cheap as shit and its in florida
    Last edited by Arundlemcbrundle; 02-25-2009, 01:33 AM.
    2 tj's
    3 yj's
    2 xj's
    i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

1. I'm not sure but I believe you need to send all your transcripts. It is not a "pick and chose" type of thing.

2. Just apply and send them everything. The worst they can say is No.
    2000 XJ
    2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

haha yea but if its a no, i got a completely different direction ahead of me for the next few years. i'm a lil worried about it.
      2 tj's
      3 yj's
      2 xj's
      i'm a jeep whore

Comment

how cheap?? is chaep as shit.

Comment

You don't have to send them transcripts from the school you got the super bad grades at. State schools in FL are cheap if you are a resident. I didn't know UCF had a branch campus. It is a big flippin school.
          99 Dub Ya Jay

My Adventures Thread
          http://sisoffroad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15148

Comment

Originally posted by BOX View Post
            You don't have to send them transcripts from the school you got the super bad grades at. State schools in FL are cheap if you are a resident. I didn't know UCF had a branch campus. It is a big flippin school.

yea the main campus has 50000+ students. but the cocoa campus has about 5000. cheap as in its 3800 a year if your a florida resident and they give out tons of grants to fl residents and since i'm old as shit the govment gives out a pell grant of close to 2500 a year. i'd basically be going for free and getting a degree from a goooooood school. as long as i get my fl license back before end of april i can get my fl residencey back! and i have a free place to stay on the beach down there. it would be awesome if it worked out.
            2 tj's
            3 yj's
            2 xj's
            i'm a jeep whore

Comment

sounds good man i was thinking about the same thing. need to have fl drivers for 4 months before you be come res, that's what i was told???

Comment

i dunno dude. everywhere i've read you gotta have it for 12 months
                2 tj's
                3 yj's
                2 xj's
                i'm a jeep whore

Comment

ill find out this week. when im down there. thxs how did you find out about the grants they give out ?? and how do you get them????

Comment

i vaguely read about a 4000 dollar grant for being a florida resident enrolled fulltime at a florida public school. all u gotta do is be a resident and apply. but i just skimmed it. didn't get the full story
                    2 tj's
                    3 yj's
                    2 xj's
                    i'm a jeep whore

Comment

thxs man im going to look into this

Comment

Working...
                      X