• Show
Clear All

manys of times.....
    Originally posted by Ktmracer419
    some people choose video games
    some choose projects
    some choose welding random things together

Comment

i tend to burn my arms and legs cuz i always seem to get myself into a situation where im welding in shorts and a tee shirt. sucks for a while... gotta get a base tan before doing any fab work
      -Tim

Comment

When I worked at my last job I used to get burns on my forearms from welding with no sleeves on. I never did anything other than a quick tack without a mask or gloves on. One day I came home and it looked like the only part of my body that went to the beach for the day was my forearms.
        2000 XJ
        2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

They actually sell welding sun tan lotion, basically just really strong sun tan lotion.

When I was working at the race shop I would tack together nerf bars all day long with no helmet, so much easier without a helmet. I had a permanent sun burn working there.
          I also usually wear short sleeves and gloves you got to love those tan lines.

Putting your hand over the tack helps a lot.

But you got to love the splatter that lands on your lip, ear, nose etc. Loads of fun.
          RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5
          www.offroadcustomcreations.com

Sponsors:
          Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

only by the sun but lifeguarding for 8 years gets you a lot of sunburns lol
            2009 silver JK - destination beachy jeep
            J10 project do want.
            "attack life. its just going to kill you anyway"

Comment

Originally posted by customcreationsllc View Post
              They actually sell welding sun tan lotion, basically just really strong sun tan lotion.

When I was working at the race shop I would tack together nerf bars all day long with no helmet, so much easier without a helmet. I had a permanent sun burn working there.

But you got to love the splatter that lands on your lip, ear, nose etc. Loads of fun.
              My favorite was when it would land in your boot. It was always funny to see whoever was doing the welding suddenly drop everything and get up running around and swearing.
              2000 XJ
              2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                When I worked at my last job I used to get burns on my forearms from welding with no sleeves on. I never did anything other than a quick tack without a mask or gloves on. One day I came home and it looked like the only part of my body that went to the beach for the day was my forearms.
                it was funny looking. But i still had ya beat in the summer
                "Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but rising up everytime we fail."

-Melanie-

Comment

All these welders and nobody can help me out with my control arm?
                  06 Wrangler TJ 6 Speed 4" Rough Country Lift on BF Goodrich 33's.

Comment

i had a bad fire at my shop, took 3 hours for a ember to finally start. had a 67 camaro in the shop that was smoked damaged. i was not even the one welding. i lit the string on my sweatshirt on fire went to hit it out swung around and lit my shoulder of fire

Comment

i've lit my jeans on fire one, that sucked. plasma i soem hot metal splatter go down into my shoe, that sucked. and i was holding a lot of metal for someone welding and did the "just look away" technique and i got burned.
                      "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

Originally posted by Bluewarrior7 View Post
                        All these welders and nobody can help me out with my control arm?
                        I figure you already had it taken care of.

I'm sure I can fix it I'm in Naugatuck if you can get it down to me.

~Justin
                        203-522-2113
                        RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5

Sponsors:
                        Corbeau, Tom Wood, PSC, Polyperformance, Inner Air Lock, Miller Welds, Heavymetal Concepts

Comment

I had the white T shirt tan going on from april till september. I had to wear pants and work and a collard shirt with the company name on it every day out on peoples lawns. My forearms, neck and face would be tan by the end of april. And no matter how many times I had my shirt off in the summer the rest of my body couldn't catch up.
                          1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                          1999 sierra
                          1967 M725 Big and Slow
                          -Dan

Comment

I figure you already had it taken care of.

I'm sure I can fix it I'm in Naugatuck if you can get it down to me.

~Justin
                            203-522-2113
                            There within lies the problem. I don't think its safe to drive with a broken control arm, no? Tomorrow night I am picking up some stock control arms and then the new mounts are being shipped to me. I just wanna have the methodology in place for when I have everything.
                            06 Wrangler TJ 6 Speed 4" Rough Country Lift on BF Goodrich 33's.

Comment

sounds like you worked at chasis dynamics?

Comment

Ya i worked there for a winter.
                                A lot of nerf bars.

I haven't been back down there in years.
                                Do you know them? How is every one?
                                RCrocs #123 Brown CJ-5

Sponsors:

Comment

Working...
                                X