No announcement yet.

got my emissions tested today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

both the yj and both my saabs have no cats, and all three of them have full 3in exhaust. all passed emissions, legally on paper...even without a cat on em they were all way below the limits

Comment

I went to this garage down the street that does it. The day before I had a check engine. I go to start it to bring it, bam no check engine. I give them 20 bucks, they print out a paper that says I passed, they didn't even start it. I drove home and the check engine came on.

Comment

disconnect your battery for at least 30 min if you have a check engine light and than bring it to the place. it clears the codes. most codes have to go through 2 full cycles in order for the computer to store it as a DTC. SO if you clear them and go right there without turning the car off, bam, good to go.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

chris put his mustang through emissions with 2 giant holes in the mufflers so when they put the sniffer on the end of the tailpipe it wasn't really getting much exhaust. he passed with like zero emissions and it went unquestioned
          2 tj's
          3 yj's
          2 xj's
          i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
            disconnect your battery for at least 30 min if you have a check engine light and than bring it to the place. it clears the codes. most codes have to go through 2 full cycles in order for the computer to store it as a DTC. SO if you clear them and go right there without turning the car off, bam, good to go.
            it would abort the test due to not ready status
            up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
            eliminator MJ - Sold
            99 TJ on 36's - Sold 95 ZJ -parted out/scrapped
            Current Project - 'Family hauler' 2001 XJ

Comment

Originally posted by Arundlemcbrundle View Post
              chris put his mustang through emissions with 2 giant holes in the mufflers so when they put the sniffer on the end of the tailpipe it wasn't really getting much exhaust. he passed with like zero emissions and it went unquestioned
              at 25mph there is plenty of exhaust going through the muffler still. if there wasnt enough a Sample dilution error would pop up and vehicle wouldnt be able to test
              up to 40% off parts from advance auto parts, buy online and pick up at store for free-click here!
              eliminator MJ - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by 04WranglerX View Post
                I went to this garage down the street that does it. The day before I had a check engine. I go to start it to bring it, bam no check engine. I give them 20 bucks, they print out a paper that says I passed, they didn't even start it. I drove home and the check engine came on.
                they started it, just the fact you had no hard code's stored (where CEL stays on all the time, vs. soft code where it something minor and doesnt stay lite all the time). the emission machine need's idle rpm or it wont test
                eliminator MJ - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by 1cleantj View Post
                  it would abort the test due to not ready status
                  really? dang it.

97 TJ that I think is pretty neat.

Comment

needs drive cycles
                    1996 xj, waggy 44 front 5.13 gears aussie trussed, 3 links, 3.5" coils, spooled 8.8 rear, 38" tsl sx's, tnt front bumper, jesus freaks rear bumper, Olympic top hat roof rack, bunch of dumb shit
                    2001 wj tbd
                    1974 5 ton

Comment

Originally posted by 1cleantj View Post
                      at 25mph there is plenty of exhaust going through the muffler still. if there wasnt enough a Sample dilution error would pop up and vehicle wouldnt be able to test
                      then they must have just fucked up because its true. it was also a mercury capri and they slapped a sticker on it that said mustang so apparently they're not the brightest bunch
                      2 tj's
                      3 yj's
                      2 xj's
                      i'm a jeep whore

"id walk 6 hours one way to suck a fart out of megan fox's ass"

Comment

Mine just passed emissions earlier this week, but now my check engine light has popped on

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                          my emissions was due in march 2007, tested it over a year late in 2008, failed, reregged anyway, and havent heard/bothered with it since

question.....my wifes TJ failed but we reregged it anyways....do i have to worryabout anything if i dont fix it right away? no monies$$$$
                          does the state reall y pursue you after you fail?
                          99 XJ on tons and 40s....

Comment

you can get anything to pass emissions. at least in ri.

just gotta break some laws
                            www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by kracker View Post
                              question.....my wifes TJ failed but we reregged it anyways....do i have to worryabout anything if i dont fix it right away? no monies$$$$
                              does the state reall y pursue you after you fail?
                              They haven't pursued me even in the slightest bit
                              - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                              or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                              Originally posted by DizzDizz
                              aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyMetal View Post
                                They haven't pursued me even in the slightest bit
                                now i feel better! damn thing has brand new exhaust from cat back and failed miserably!!
                                99 XJ on tons and 40s....

Comment

Working...
                                X