auto school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Riot View Post
    All the mechanics (by trade) that I know, complain about it.
    x2

It's a fun and interesting/enjoyable thing to do when you are younger, but you have to think about where you will be when your 47 years old. Do you really want to be stuck in a job working your ass off doing manual labor, and popping vicodin all day because you ache everywhere? I'm not implying that this scenario happens to everybody, just throwing my opinion out there.

For example, my father got into running heavy equipment in construction/excavation through the Navy when he was younger, and he enjoyed it. Now he's over 65 years old and still working his ass off.
    Originally posted by Riot View Post
    Don't ruin your hobby, by making it your career.
    Very well said.
    Last edited by Even; 01-13-2010, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Even View Post
      x2

It's a fun and interesting/enjoyable thing to do when you are younger, but you have to think about where you will be when your 47 years old. Do you really want to be stuck in a job working your ass off doing manual labor, and popping vicodin all day because you ache everywhere? I'm not implying that this scenario happens to everybody, just throwing my opinion out there.
      this. i'm going to be a saggy-boobed grandma swingin' wrenches and walking with a cane. and it's going to suck.

but like everyone else said, there's a big difference between being book smart from school and actually getting experience and knowing what to do when ya get under the hood.
      the book smart part is a big help with diagnostics though.
      erika. sweat and dirt;

00 xj & 93 yj.

Comment

i went to new england tech for auto mechanics. School isn't a bad idea, but he should take the night courses and get a job as an apprentice if he is going to do it. Baron in ct has a good course, and its not a bunch of idiots just fooling around all day. They make you get a job locally, work and go to school. School helps with theory, but hands on experience makes all the difference.

That being said, being a mechanic sucks, which is why i don't do it anymore
        Originally posted by Fast Orange
        if you piss all over the floor and get 3 drops in the bowl do you count that as good? granted i'm good for a sprinkle or two on the seat, but you leave all of our feet wet, metaphorically speaking of course
        Originally posted by HitItWithSomeSpeed
        I find adam sandler strangely attractive, it must be josh's fault. god that kid sucks

Comment

Working...
        X