Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by greenxj513 View Post
    dear sam,

me thinks that because the unibody of the xj can not handle your ability to twist, crack, and destroy, as proven by past your past jeeps, I say its time to build the ultimate.

GO out and get lots of 1.75" .120 wall DOM...... and begin construction of a full tube chasis and essentially a buggy. I mean clearly welding is something that makes you happy and what better project to undertake in your garage than building a buggy. It fits your wheeling style, and it would be really fucking cool.

I mean your rear axle is already built i'm sure the 60 is strong enough to run 39's on. and just build a front strong enough to handle it.

either way.... build a buggy, you want to, i know you do, just fuckin do it already.

Your rather large friend,
    Matt
    give me dom and maybe

Originally posted by justtorchit View Post
    buggy is not so fun if ya cant drive it around
    fuck yea, i like to hop in my shit and go where the fuck i want. not have to worry about a second vehicle and loading it up on my trailer n shit
    Originally posted by Even View Post
    he wants to be able to drive on teh pavement, he thinks tow rigs are for sissies
    tow rigs are for sissies

Originally posted by Cletus View Post
    making it home after breakage> freezing ass off on 81 broked
    i have always made it home
    Originally posted by Cletus View Post
    build buggy buy a shitty yj or something make dash fit with the vin tag hook up the shit to make it legal in your state headlights, running lights, turn signals, brake lights, windshield, and other stupid little things and go
    yea that sounds like a fun daily driver

Originally posted by greenxj513 View Post
    THe intention of this thread???

should i put my 5.38 geared, spooled dana 60 in my xj on 33's????

No. that only reeks of minor stupidity.

Me and RJ are only simply saying that it just makes more sense to take it and use it to start building something more lasting than another xj that will be dead in 1 or 2 more wheeling seasons.

and as for pockets, with all the money spent on 3 xjs, building them, parts for them, broken parts, misc steel to fix them, i'm sure that he could be pretty far into a buggy build at this point.

And why invest more in another xj, when the smarter move would be investing time and money into a rig that will last??
    i have the money invested in my first setup on the green jeep. and basically just kept swapping it over to a $700 xj and a $900 xj

i could have not built a halfway decent buggy for that, and then i would have to trayla it and buy an expenseeve truck and trayla
    www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

Buggies are not the answer. You can't hop in your buggy and drive around wherever whenever, I guess some people here just don't drive there shit that much. Wheeling a few times a week would be quite tough in a buggy with all the driving around I do. Cops hate my jeep the way it sits, nevermind if it was even worse...

Buggies are cool I guess if u like wheeling occassionally on the weekends

Comment

Working...
      X