laptops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boobaru View Post
    you cant take it to a regular computer tech if it breaks its gotta go to apple and most likely get shipped out leaving you computer-less for maybe a week or 2 or more.
    I have had nothing but awesome with mac's service. I got a gray question mark on my screen so I took it to the apple store. They diagnosed problem (hard drive took a shit, which I believe is actually a Toshiba part) within 10 minutes. took it, fixed it, and had it back to me the next day free of charge. Thanks AppleCare
    P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
    2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
    OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

Originally posted by boobaru View Post
      toshiba FTW. i love my laptop ive had it for a year and have had absolutely NO issues. it was a g but well worth it. its got tons of memory (for itunes and pics) a beautiful screen (for interwebs browsing) and an awesome keyboard (for easy typing) check it out, also HP is also a very very well recommended laptop as well. mac's are a pain in the ass. you cant take it to a regular computer tech if it breaks its gotta go to apple and most likely get shipped out leaving you computer-less for maybe a week or 2 or more.
      not to be buzz killington, but toshibas suck. oh, and macs rarely, if ever break.

Originally posted by Ktmracer419 View Post
      hm

i always thought asus was mad cheap stuff
      asus is sick. they never made computers up until recently, they usually only made hardware and peripherals. my asus mobo in my old custom built tower is like 7 years old and has been running overlocked 15% for the whole time. no issues.

Originally posted by Pedro View Post
      I have had nothing but awesome with mac's service. I got a gray question mark on my screen so I took it to the apple store. They diagnosed problem (hard drive took a shit, which I believe is actually a Toshiba part) within 10 minutes. took it, fixed it, and had it back to me the next day free of charge. Thanks AppleCare
      x2

if you have applecare, they'll fix ANYTHING

Comment

get a macbook
        "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

depends on what you use your computer the most for. a macbook is more artsy and geared more towards that. whereas something with windows on it is more for data analysis. i have a dell inspiron and have had no problems with it yet after 2 years
          94 xj 4.0L, AW4, 242
          3" rusty's lift, 33x12.5 bfg km2's, custom front bumper

Comment

Originally posted by jeepbogger4x4 View Post
            depends on what you use your computer the most for. a macbook is more artsy and geared more towards that. whereas something with windows on it is more for data analysis. i have a dell inspiron and have had no problems with it yet after 2 years
            lol wut?
            "when I'm riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive...when I stop riding my motorcycle,I'm glad to be alive"

Comment

my mac is artsy and geared towards being awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by grundlepunch View Post
                lol wut?
                i think macs are definately desingned for someone that uses programs for music, video, graphic design, etc. seems a little to fancy IMO
                94 xj 4.0L, AW4, 242
                3" rusty's lift, 33x12.5 bfg km2's, custom front bumper

Comment

i think macs are definately desingned for someone that uses programs for music, video, graphic design, etc. seems a little to fancy IMO
                  and people who look like this:

Comment

yar. i didnt know performing well and being reliable was to fancy lol

seems like a common misconception. they are good at everything windows is. and i think windows runs better in a VM on my imac then it does on most PC machines
                    Last edited by grundlepunch; 12-17-2009, 12:06 PM.

Comment

I use my mac for intrawebs, pron, and some picture storing. Also I listen to music with it. I enjoy it, no problems as of yet.
                      1993 XJ sport 3.5" rustys 33" MTZ's armored.
                      1999 sierra
                      1967 M725 Big and Slow
                      -Dan

Comment

Originally posted by XJLI View Post
                        and people who look like this:

hmm

i almost look like that

guess a mac is for me
                        www.eatsleepexp.wordpress.com

Comment

most generic stereotypical assessment of mac vs pc ive ever heard presented in a serious manner

sorry, seriously serious.
                          - Will

Originally posted by fizzy
                          or am asians pants not a read end lol.
                          Originally posted by DizzDizz
                          aliens probed my husband

Comment

Originally posted by wannabejeep View Post
                            I use my mac for intrawebs, pron, and some picture storing. Also I listen to music with it. I enjoy it, no problems as of yet.
                            x2, and I have even used the imovie a few times to make supersick vids
                            P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
                            2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
                            OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

If you just want a computer, just get a pc. I doubt either brand has anything special that you would be using. Plus, If i'm not mistaking more used to windows.
                              Furthermore, when the X is on the right side... It's gayyyy
                              Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

this thread just made me lawl to my geek self.

this is what im doing on my mac right now at work..... supporting windows servers/machines and mac servers/machines on 4 virtual desktops

Comment

Working...
                                X