No announcement yet.

Ice, 1. Me, 0.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow dude thats awful. your Jeep was so clean Yesterday in South Jersey was just rain, but pouring rain for 7 hours. On my way back home north I just thought to myself "damn this would suck to have a to change a flat right now." A mile from my house, flat tire. fucking cheap ass goodyears
    P8R

2012 Honda Accord - For DD/MPG Porpoises - Cooper Tire: Count on Cooper
    2014 Granite Crystal WK2 Limited - Nitto Tire: Fueled by Enthusiasts

Poontang Pro 300EX 42" - For lawn porpoises
    OG KOT #4736 Semper Sky Rock Racing/Standardbred Racing Designs 15.5 HP Turbo-Cool Craftsman, 6 Spd w/ crawl box, fat turf treads, Custom paint, and a red onzie

Comment

so sorry....at least you are okay though. the roads were really bad yesterday by the time will and i got to the firehouse, my stomach was at my knees because the entire car ride i was so nervous, i could only imagine how will felt driving....every move we made was scary and i really just wanted to pull over and walk once we hit 84 and slid on it
      mrs. heavymetal from jeepforum
      2022 JL Rubicon

Originally posted by hoggie101
      and everyone qute dis because its the best grammer im going to have all year

Comment

that sucks adam. glad your ok.

X2 it they total it, buy it back. you could put the parts on a new jeep.
        #becauseJoeNitro

Comment

sucks dude. me and geoff had a close call yesterday with the ice, we made it out alittle bit luckier though. glad you are ok .

emily wrecked her jeep and had less damage to the front end than that and it was totaled.

Comment

I haven't seen it in the day time but the tie in bracket from my bumper was tweaked pretty good which leads me to believe the front of the unibody will be bent pretty good.
            2000 XJ
            2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

Anyone had to deal with insurance on a modified XJ before? I'm not sure what they will say about the complete lack of bumper, cut fender flares and so on. How does that kind of stuff look to the insurance company?
              2000 XJ
              2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

Damn dude that XJ was so nice too. The roads where terrible yesterday, I hate driving in ice.
                -Caleb

Crawl Daddy Champion 2011

1999 XJ 4 inchs of lift or so, 35s and some other stuff.

Comment

That thing as to be totaled. They totaled my last XJ

-Matt
                  Facebook

Comment

Its sad but i really does not take much to total an XJ any more. Its very rare to see them get repaired these days b/c its so cheap to get on 01 Xj now. They just dont hold any value.
                    Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

I miss my old XJ It was my first car, and it was just awesome. Plus the insurance company didn't let me keep my tires/rims.

I hope it works out for you though and they don't screw you by paying you to little.
                      -Matt
                      Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by Keelyle View Post
                        Its sad but i really does not take much to total an XJ any more. Its very rare to see them get repaired these days b/c its so cheap to get on 01 Xj now. They just dont hold any value.
                        Which is great because you can just buy another one and not really break the bank too bad...even parts are cheap!
                        sigpic
                        Official Space Shuttle Door Gunner of the Chechnyan Space Program

Comment

Well the body shop was ready for me to sign the papers and get it underway for them to fix it. I'm not sure what the deal is. I'm sure they just wanted me to sign so they could collect from the insurance company. But I am not quite sure how a body shop goes about fixing it, considering my fender flares were trimmed and everything that came from the factory (bumper, end caps, flares....) is all missing before hand. It will look retarded if they fixed it back to factory.
                          2000 XJ
                          2000 A.C.E. 750

Comment

Ill go with the normal response. Sorry that happened, but at least you're okay.
                            Safety First.
                            Is it egg nog season yet?

Comment

Usually what happens is they will fix all the stock stuff, the fender, the headerpanel hood etc. Then they need to give you the remainder of the $$ from the insurance co to pay for the aftermarket stuff. You also need to re trim your fender.

FYI, you need to claim all your off road stuff with the insurance co and might need to show receipts of some sort for the proper value to replace everything.

When i had my Xj i told the insurance co about every thing that was done to the jeep so it would be covered and it only raised my insurance costs about $10 a year. this way if i was in an accident it would be covered.
                              Lady bugs don't like it when you paint stripes on them

2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8, Slightly Modded

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 2.8L CRD Diesel Stock

Comment

Originally posted by CumminsJeep View Post
                                This is why i didnt make it to the meet and greet. Jackie and I passed a F-550 pulling a 20+ foot horse trailer that jackknifed going down a hill on 287. The truck was in a ditch all wrecked up and the horses did not seem to pleased.

But anyway that sucks man. hopefully you get it all straightened out
                                Yeah that truck was destroyed. Poor horsies

At least your ok, but that still sucks :/
                                Last edited by Jakitabanana; 12-16-2009, 10:47 AM.
                                93 xj blue with a hint of tree bark - Dead
                                90 xj pos blue renix - Gone
                                95 xj green - Soon to be 3", 33's, ford 9", JCR stage II sliders, some skids

Comment

Working...
                                X